The Appeal of Dressing Fashionably for Men

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
In summary, guys who dress fashionably tend to be more attractive to women. This is because they dress in a sophisticated way that shows they care about their appearance. They also tend to be more comfortable in formal clothing, because they don't rely on it as much. However, the cost of fashionable clothing can be prohibitive for some, and may not be necessary for others.
Very cute! That is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. You have a very nice jaw structure as well, that makes it look even better, lol. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
mcknia07 said:
Very cute! That is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. You have a very nice jaw structure as well, that makes it look even better, lol. :biggrin:

why thank you :)

i got to do something with the hair though. everything i attempt the fohawk type of thing it never works. my hair is so unmanageable!

Try having my hair.

No fohawk...go more for the messy hair, like the other guy in the picture. But not so pointy in the front, more like all around messy, yet more flatish on the sides.

mcknia07 said:
No fohawk...go more for the messy hair, like the other guy in the picture. But not so pointy in the front, more like all around messy, yet more flatish on the sides.
you have an example?

Kurdt said:
Try having my hair.

whats wrong with your hair?

Here is a good pic. You could even go with more height on the hair, if you wanted.

Attachments

• men hair 1.jpg
    men hair 1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 325
offtheleft said:
whats wrong with your hair?

Its very thick.

Kurdt said:
Its very thick.

mine too lol. i killed a lot of it though :( lots and LOTS of fast food. cough*excessiveuseofahairstraightner*cough and blow drying. wearing a hat 24/7 probably helped it too.

For god's sakes loose the back street boys beard offtheleft.

Your haircut is the same as Jason. It's very boy-ish.

Get a proper mans haircut from a barber.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
For god's sakes loose the back street boys beard offtheleft.

is it really that bad? what you suggest?

offtheleft said:
is it really that bad? what you suggest?

Yes, it's that bad. Anytime I see someone sporting that kind of beard I think to myself -...douchebag.

It's really, really, REALLY bad.

I just can't stand that beard. It's so stupid. ARgggg! (Don't ask me why, I just hate it).

Just shave it all off.

Cyrus said:
Yes, it's that bad. Anytime I see someone sporting that kind of beard I think to myself -...douchebag.

i sometimes think the same thing, not all the time though. i really hate guidos lol.

Cyrus said:

I just can't stand that beard. It's so stupid. ARgggg! (Don't ask me why, I just hate it).

Just shave it all off.

i can't do clean shaved. i can't keep up with it most of the time and i have really sensitive skin. if i shave ill break out like a pizza :(

offtheleft said:
i can't do clean shaved. i can't keep up with it most of the time and i have really sensitive skin. if i shave ill break out like a pizza :(

Then just let it grow out to a 5 oclock shadow like miami vice after a few days and then shave it. But for the love of god, don't ever trim that back-street-boy beard like that again!

What you can do (and I do) if I don't have time is just shave my neck and under my jaw line and trim my check so it looks like I am trying to grow a beard and then cut if off a few days later. That way it doesn't look bad.

You also need to shave after you take a shower and in the direction of the 'grain' that your hair grows. If you do that when you shave it won't cut you. This is how real barbers are trained to give a shave with a straight razor.

Cyrus said:
Then just let it grow out to a 5 oclock shadow like miami vice after a few days and then shave it. But for the love of god, don't ever trim that back-street-boy beard like that again!

how about a 5 o'clock shadow, and i trim it short but a full beard?

in addition to your post.

i usually do that. or it iches like hellll

Cyrus said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1981190&postcount=3474

Your hair was fine in the second picture. It was short and didnt look 'boyish' like it does with your hat on. You actually look like an adult.

yeah, i liked that look. that's kind of how i had it in the other pic i posted of me. the one with my friend makin the funny face at me

Evo said:
:!)

Don't forget that you are my imaginary boy friend this month!

How could I forget. :!)

Evo said:
:!)

Don't forget that you are my imaginary boy friend this month!
Just this month? Even your imaginary relationships are doomed not to last?

*hide*

LightbulbSun said:
I never pictured you like that Kurdt. Keep the look though.

How did you picture me? :tongue:

Cyrus said:
No, its tucked in all the way. Now you know why I have all my dress shirts tailored or custom made. I'm not kidding when I say shirts for men are for horrendously fat people.

I was scanning this thread and saw this. It's very very true. All my button up shirts are size small (or equivalent). What is with that? When it comes to t-shirts or sweatshirts or whatever, a size medium usually fits (sometimes it's too large).

I needed a plain tshirt for halloween once, so I thought I'd get some super cheap shirt from walmart. I swear to you that their mediums are really XLs. They were HHUUGGEE.

moose said:
I was scanning this thread and saw this. It's very very true. All my button up shirts are size small (or equivalent). What is with that? When it comes to t-shirts or sweatshirts or whatever, a size medium usually fits (sometimes it's too large).

I needed a plain tshirt for halloween once, so I thought I'd get some super cheap shirt from walmart. I swear to you that their mediums are really XLs. They were HHUUGGEE.

I have found this problem super puzzling as well. There are very few places you can find euro styled athletic fitting button down shirts. I am thin, but not crazy thin. A calvin kline small button down barely fits comfortably. I rarely wear button downs these days because most draped on me and I felt terrible. I also bought a t-shirt that was medium and when I got it the thing looked huge, down to me knees. I eventually shrunk it down to a decent size, but still too big.

I have really broad shoulders, and usually have to buy button ups a size larger just so I can move my arms. As a result I normally look like I weight several pounds heavier.

I should sell button up shirts. I'd be a millionaire.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I like dressing trendy and up to date, but I hate formal looks. Too corporate drone looking. Also I find button downs and suits very uncomfortable. Give me a nice cotton/poly polo or tshirt with some lucky or guess jeans and I'm a happy man.

Also nice clothes do cost a freakin lot. I was at Selfridges in London and they had tons of amazing clothes, but that great pair of Hugo Boss jeans are going to run $300. A cool Desiel t-shirt will be $70. Business style clothes even a higher price level.

this is also the primary factor that makes a well-dressed man attractive to women.

Proton Soup said:
this is also the primary factor that makes a well-dressed man attractive to women.

Exactly right :biggrin: Well dressed men=HOTT! :!)

Well dressed men are awful in bed and have to make up for it by being well dressed. Its just nature finding its own level. Its the same reason Scottish men wear kilts. :tongue:

Kurdt said:
Well dressed men are awful in bed and have to make up for it by being well dressed. Its just nature finding its own level. Its the same reason Scottish men wear kilts. :tongue:
:rofl:

Hurkyl said:
Just this month? Even your imaginary relationships are doomed not to last?

*hide*
Even I know that no one could stand my whining for more than a month. I go through men like other people go through kleenex. :redface:

My ex had a slim athletic build. He was an ex quarterback. Broad shoulders, slim waist and huge thighs. All of his clothes had to be custom tailored.

Evo said:
:rofl:

Even I know that no one could stand my whining for more than a month. I go through men like other people go through kleenex. :redface:

thats because you never dated me :)

<h2>1. Why do men care about dressing fashionably?</h2><p>Men care about dressing fashionably for a variety of reasons. It can boost their confidence, make them feel more attractive, and help them make a good first impression. Additionally, fashion is a form of self-expression and can be a way for men to showcase their personal style and individuality.</p><h2>2. Is dressing fashionably just about following trends?</h2><p>No, dressing fashionably is not just about following trends. While trends can certainly influence fashion, dressing fashionably is more about understanding what styles and pieces work well together and choosing clothing that fits and flatters one's body. It's about creating a cohesive and stylish look that reflects one's personal taste.</p><h2>3. How can men stay fashionable without breaking the bank?</h2><p>There are many ways for men to stay fashionable without spending a lot of money. One option is to invest in classic, timeless pieces that can be worn for years to come. Another is to shop at thrift stores or online for gently used clothing. Additionally, men can learn how to mix and match items in their wardrobe to create new and stylish outfits without having to constantly buy new pieces.</p><h2>4. Is it important for men to follow dress codes and fashion rules?</h2><p>While it's always important to dress appropriately for certain occasions and follow dress codes, fashion rules are more like guidelines. It's important for men to feel comfortable and confident in what they wear, so they should ultimately wear what they like and what makes them feel good. However, it's also important to be aware of societal norms and dress accordingly in certain situations.</p><h2>5. How can men find their own personal style?</h2><p>Finding one's personal style is a process and can take time. One way to start is by looking at fashion inspiration and experimenting with different styles to see what feels most comfortable and authentic. It's also helpful to take note of what types of clothing and colors make one feel confident and happy. Over time, men can develop their own unique personal style that reflects their personality and tastes.</p>

1. Why do men care about dressing fashionably?

Men care about dressing fashionably for a variety of reasons. It can boost their confidence, make them feel more attractive, and help them make a good first impression. Additionally, fashion is a form of self-expression and can be a way for men to showcase their personal style and individuality.

2. Is dressing fashionably just about following trends?

No, dressing fashionably is not just about following trends. While trends can certainly influence fashion, dressing fashionably is more about understanding what styles and pieces work well together and choosing clothing that fits and flatters one's body. It's about creating a cohesive and stylish look that reflects one's personal taste.

3. How can men stay fashionable without breaking the bank?

There are many ways for men to stay fashionable without spending a lot of money. One option is to invest in classic, timeless pieces that can be worn for years to come. Another is to shop at thrift stores or online for gently used clothing. Additionally, men can learn how to mix and match items in their wardrobe to create new and stylish outfits without having to constantly buy new pieces.

4. Is it important for men to follow dress codes and fashion rules?

While it's always important to dress appropriately for certain occasions and follow dress codes, fashion rules are more like guidelines. It's important for men to feel comfortable and confident in what they wear, so they should ultimately wear what they like and what makes them feel good. However, it's also important to be aware of societal norms and dress accordingly in certain situations.

5. How can men find their own personal style?

Finding one's personal style is a process and can take time. One way to start is by looking at fashion inspiration and experimenting with different styles to see what feels most comfortable and authentic. It's also helpful to take note of what types of clothing and colors make one feel confident and happy. Over time, men can develop their own unique personal style that reflects their personality and tastes.