Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fathers day going south

1. Jun 15, 2008 #1
    I feel sorry for my Dad how he was treated by my brother today. My brother showed up to his house for five minutes, said "happy fathers day," and then left without saying goodbye or where he was going. Turned out later he went to his gf's friend's house for a BBQ party which is 10 minutes away. So now it's just me, my mom and dad chilling out. I can sense he is deeply hurt.

Should a fathers day be a time to spend time with your dad or someone else's?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2008 #2
    My fathers day ROCKED !! My Son and I hung out all day today. We played monopoly & battleship. He also kicked my butt when we had our "nerf" war. I did however come back and win the foam sword battle.

It depends on who you consider your "father" to be. My for me, my grandfather was my Dad. He raised me. But honestly, My dad lives 15 min away and I talked to him for all of 10 min. My parents divorced when I was 7 and we moved from Boston to Pittsburgh. He wasn't in my life until I finished boot camp when I was 20. So, I'm not real close to him. I don't harbor any ill will towards the man, but I do not see him as my father. .. maybe like a distant uncle.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?