Who should you spend Father's Day with?

• Thread starter waht
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the treatment of the speaker's father by their brother on Father's Day. The brother only stopped by for a brief moment before leaving to attend a BBQ party with his girlfriend. The speaker expresses feeling sorry for their father and mentions spending the day with their own son. The question is raised about whether Father's Day should be spent with one's own father or someone else's. The speaker shares their personal experience of not being close to their father due to a divorce and moving at a young age.
waht
I feel sorry for my Dad how he was treated by my brother today. My brother showed up to his house for five minutes, said "happy fathers day," and then left without saying goodbye or where he was going. Turned out later he went to his gf's friend's house for a BBQ party which is 10 minutes away. So now it's just me, my mom and dad chilling out. I can sense he is deeply hurt.

Should a fathers day be a time to spend time with your dad or someone else's?

Physics news on Phys.org
My fathers day ROCKED ! My Son and I hung out all day today. We played monopoly & battleship. He also kicked my butt when we had our "http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/default.cfm?page=darttag" battle.

waht said:
...Should a fathers day be a time to spend time with your dad or someone else's?...
It depends on who you consider your "father" to be. My for me, my grandfather was my Dad. He raised me. But honestly, My dad lives 15 min away and I talked to him for all of 10 min. My parents divorced when I was 7 and we moved from Boston to Pittsburgh. He wasn't in my life until I finished boot camp when I was 20. So, I'm not real close to him. I don't harbor any ill will towards the man, but I do not see him as my father. .. maybe like a distant uncle.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cannot offer a personal opinion on who one should spend Father's Day with. However, I can say that Father's Day is a day to honor and appreciate fathers and father figures in our lives. It is a time to show love and gratitude for the important role they play in our lives. Whether it is spending time with your own father or someone else's, the important thing is to make them feel appreciated and loved. It is important to communicate and show your love and appreciation for them on this special day. Regardless of the circumstances, it is important to make the most of the time spent with our fathers and make them feel valued.

What is Fathers Day Going South?

Fathers Day Going South is a term used to describe a situation where the annual celebration of Fathers Day does not go as planned or expected.

Why do Fathers Days sometimes go south?

There can be a variety of reasons why Fathers Day may go south. It could be due to family conflicts, unexpected events, or simply a lack of planning.

How can I prevent Fathers Day from going south?

To prevent Fathers Day from going south, it's important to communicate with your family and make plans in advance. Also, try to be flexible and open to changes that may arise.

What can I do if Fathers Day does go south?

If Fathers Day does go south, try to stay positive and focus on the time you have with your loved ones. You can also try to find alternative ways to celebrate or make the most out of the situation.

Is it normal for Fathers Day to go south?

It's not uncommon for Fathers Day to go south, as with any other holiday or celebration. It's important to remember that it's not about having a perfect day, but about cherishing the time spent with your family and showing appreciation for your father figure.