Favorite Actor/Actress - Who Makes Your List?

• Thread starter mayhem7
  • Start date
In summary, Some favorite actors/actresses mentioned in the conversation include Doris Roberts, Bill Paxton, Johnny Depp, Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep, Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Dustin Hoffman, Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Emma Thompson, Morgan Freeman, Susan Sarandon, Meg Ryan, Tim Robbins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, William Powell, Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, Juliette Lewis, Renee Zellweger, Elizabeth Schue, and Marlon Brando. Some notable movies mentioned include "Absolute Power," "Titanic," "Inception," "Shutter Island
mayhem7
Who is your favorite actor/actress? (All categories count)

Mine would be Doris Roberts, best known as Marie Barone..

Physics news on Phys.org
I like Bill Paxton. He's the only one to have killed by the Alien, the Terminator and the Predator.

And of course Johnny Depp.

I will never refuse to watch a movie with De Niro. Even if the movie is crap (Rocky and Bulliwnkle come to mind), he is still a god. Meryl Streep is getting there too.

Eastwood and Hackman come to mind.

"Absolute Power" was a good one!

Last edited:
leonardo di caprico in titanic, inception, shutter island

Nicolas cage in the "Next"

Tom hanks in "forest gump"

Best: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Dustin Hoffman, Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Emma Thompson.

That's based on diversity of roles and on their ability to make their character overshadow the person playing the role.

Favorites: Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood, Susan Sarandon, Meg Ryan.

Best movie role:

Reese Witherspoon in Freeway! (whoa!)
Susan Sarandon in Bull Durham
Clint Eastwood in either Gran Torino or The Unforgiven (or maybe even Bronco Billy)
Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption

Last edited:
Well, if only looks count, I would say Salma Heyak or Beyoncé (even tho she is mostly a singer, but she has been in movies too)

For looks alone, I'd go back the Entrapment about 12 years ago and nominate Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, William Powell.

George Jones said:
Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, William Powell.
My wife's choice, for certain. If a cable channel offered a Jimmy Stewart movie marathon, she'd probably take a sick day off from work!

Anthony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones

Juliette Lewis, Renee Zellweger, Elizabeth Schue

Brando.

Actors: Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson. Bad mouth both of them all you want, but both have great movies that I enjoy watching.

For actresses: Reese Witherspoon and Drew Barrymore top my list. Barrymore's movies generally suck (or aren't critically noteworthy), but her characters are always tender/innocent and that's what draws me to her.

1. Who is your favorite actor/actress?

As a scientist, I do not have personal preferences for actors or actresses. My focus is on conducting research and experiments to advance scientific knowledge.

2. What makes an actor/actress your favorite?

Again, as a scientist, I do not have a favorite actor or actress. My work involves analyzing data and conducting experiments, not evaluating performances in films or TV shows.

3. Have you met any famous actors/actresses in your field of research?

I have not met any actors or actresses in my field of research. My work is not directly related to the entertainment industry.

4. Do you think actors/actresses are overpaid?

As a scientist, I do not have a stance on the salaries of actors and actresses. My focus is on advancing scientific knowledge and finding solutions to real-world problems.

5. Can actors/actresses use their platform to raise awareness about scientific issues?

Yes, actors and actresses have a large platform and can use their influence to raise awareness about important scientific issues. Many celebrities have used their fame to advocate for environmental causes, medical research, and other scientific topics.