Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite Book Genre

1. Science Fiction

4 vote(s)
  2. Fantasy

1 vote(s)
  3. Romance

0 vote(s)
  4. Comedy

1 vote(s)
  5. Historical Fiction

0 vote(s)
  6. Mystery

1 vote(s)
  1. Jul 24, 2003 #1
    Favorite Fiction Book Genre

What is your favorite fiction genre? Mine is Science Fiction
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2003 #2
    Where is the whole non-fiction genre ? Or I'd rather would want to use the world 'reality'.
  4. Jul 24, 2003 #3
    And what about horror ?
  5. Jul 24, 2003 #4
    I voted fantasy. Those are just fun to read. But, really my favorite genre is stuff with philosophical messages, especially of the grandiose, revolutionary kind.
  6. Jul 25, 2003 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Yes I missed non-fiction too. My favorite fiction is sf, but most of my book budget for years has been physics and math texts.
  7. Jul 25, 2003 #6
    Sorry, I didnt have non fiction because when I said genre I was only thinking fiction. I should probably edit it to say your favorite FICTION genre, which I think I'll do now. SOrry about Horror, I forgot about that one.
  8. Jul 25, 2003 #7
    I'm a voracious reader of all genres, but horror has always been my favorite, because it's what I read when I was younger.

Is anyone familiar with the wheel of time series? it's been recommended several times, but I haven't read anything but technical manuals in a while, so I haven't had a chance to look this up.
  9. Jul 26, 2003 #8
    I have not read it but yes, I have heard of it. I was thinking of reading it because a my two best friends read it. One thinks they are great and one thinks they are ok, he said that since they are such long books they can be boring but that the action makes up for it. I guess it depends if you are into that kind of stuff though. I dont know how your taste in fantasy is, I know you said you like Tolkein style and I don't know if this is much like Tolkein but you could check it out.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?