Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystery

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Nicool003

Favorite Fiction Book Genre

What is your favorite fiction genre? Mine is Science Fiction

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the whole non-fiction genre ? Or I'd rather would want to use the world 'reality'.

And what about horror ?

I voted fantasy. Those are just fun to read. But, really my favorite genre is stuff with philosophical messages, especially of the grandiose, revolutionary kind.

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Yes I missed non-fiction too. My favorite fiction is sf, but most of my book budget for years has been physics and math texts.

Nicool003

Sorry, I didnt have non fiction because when I said genre I was only thinking fiction. I should probably edit it to say your favorite FICTION genre, which I think I'll do now. SOrry about Horror, I forgot about that one.

I'm a voracious reader of all genres, but horror has always been my favorite, because it's what I read when I was younger.

Is anyone familiar with the wheel of time series? it's been recommended several times, but I haven't read anything but technical manuals in a while, so I haven't had a chance to look this up.

I have not read it but yes, I have heard of it. I was thinking of reading it because a my two best friends read it. One thinks they are great and one thinks they are ok, he said that since they are such long books they can be boring but that the action makes up for it. I guess it depends if you are into that kind of stuff though. I dont know how your taste in fantasy is, I know you said you like Tolkein style and I don't know if this is much like Tolkein but you could check it out.