Favourite Cocktail: Adios Motherf@(*$#

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, a cocktail is a drink that is composed of different ingredients that are mixed together and served in a glass.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What's your preferred cocktail ?

Mine is a 2-layer shot with kahlua in the bottom of the glass and tequila floated on top of it, 1:1. (No lime or salt required)

If you drink it correctly (which basically involves tossing it all into your mouth in one quick action) the kahlua will beautifully cover the taste of the tequila, leaving you begging for more.

To make it, pour in the kahlua, and then carefully slide in the tequila along a spoon, so it doesn't mix.

It goes by the name Adios Motherf@(*$#

Physics news on Phys.org
I love Cosmopolitans. Such a fun girl's-night-out drink!

It depends on my mood and the time of year. Dirty Martinis are good any time. :approve:

Gin & Tonic in the summer.

I break out the cream sherry in the fall. Bailey's is a must have for the holidays.

Gokul43201 said:
This is a great resource for cocktails : www.webtender.com

ahhhh...Those drink names bring back some memories! I had forgetten all about B-52's.

Evo, I love Dirty Martini's too! It's hard to find someone who makes a really good one, though. I have only found one bartender in L.A. who does it right.

Evo said:
It depends on my mood and the time of year. Dirty Martinis are good any time. :approve:

Gin & Tonic in the summer.

I break out the cream sherry in the fall. Bailey's is a must have for the holidays.
What a great taste :biggrin: :approve:
Evo is not randomly almighty here :rofl:

I think we should invent a drink called The Evo, but this is going to be tough! It's got to be
slightly salty :wink:
undeniably sweet :shy:
and definitely have a spicy kick :devil: !

I can't even imagine the ingredients!
:biggrin:

Rob Roy. I'm not old enough to drink, but mom said Rob Roy.

Paden Roder

I think I had a drink called a Tsunami once when I was in Hawaii, but I don't remember much about that night...

dont talk to me about cocktails, its either straigh or nothing at all, tequila shots with NO SALT AND LIME, triple rye on the rocks, scoth, good old rhum, besides that any beer (some are better than others) wine red or white, schnapps, saukey, rice wine, its all good, cept cocktails

i make a yummy blueberry vodka drink that i don't know what to call it! basically just mixes a blueberry juice (the kind you find down the organic aisle at the store) and mix it with vanilla vodka...we tried putting half n half also in the drink and it tastes just like a blueberry creamsicle!

i tend to like most vodka based drinks and some bailey's drinks...used to LOVE gin and tonics Evo, but i got sick of them. Wine is my preferred drink these days. I have a bottle of Dracula wine from Romania that I am waiting for Halloween to open!

Gokul43201 said:
What's your preferred cocktail ?

Mine is a 2-layer shot with kahlua in the bottom of the glass and tequila floated on top of it, 1:1. (No lime or salt required)

If you drink it correctly (which basically involves tossing it all into your mouth in one quick action) the kahlua will beautifully cover the taste of the tequila, leaving you begging for more.

To make it, pour in the kahlua, and then carefully slide in the tequila along a spoon, so it doesn't mix.

It goes by the name Adios Motherf@(*$#
I like yogurt+ strawberry+ wine+cream+different fruits,
I like to lick goody beaty creams.

I'm boring, I just like manhattans. I have drunk quite a few cocktails but have been to wasted to remember their names...

Prawn cocktail!

I'm not a big cocktail drinker, but a glass of Pimm's No.1 (not a cocktail) on a hot summer day goes down a treat.

Although so simply made, I like a Champagne Cocktail

Champagne, Angostura Bitters & Sugar - it's just really nice.

That or a shot of Absinthe with the whole burning sugar routine. That's also really nice!

Math Is Hard said:
I think we should invent a drink called The Evo, but this is going to be tough! It's got to be
slightly salty :wink:
undeniably sweet :shy:
and definitely have a spicy kick :devil: !

I can't even imagine the ingredients!
:biggrin:

So is this a challenge then? Find the perfect drink for Math Is Hard? Hmm...think I should do some experimenting...I get back to you :wink:

Vodka Tonic. Two limes.

Shahil said:
So is this a challenge then? Find the perfect drink for Math Is Hard? Hmm...think I should do some experimenting...I get back to you :wink:

Cool! Can't wait to hear the results of your research! :biggrin:

Hey - anyone hear like oyster shooters? we used to have those all the time in Texas until oyster eating got so dangerous.

hehe you guys know what funny, after reading that poor guys misfortune with tequila and lime juice and how it formed and ester or whatever, well i was sitting in a chem class that I'm not registared in,(cuz its in between 2 of my classes and I'm too lazy to go away then come back) and... drum roll, the prof was talking about how you mix an acid with something(i forget the term he used but alcohol was on ex.) that you get an ester, then i was like HOLY **** deja view, hehe just thought i should share

I like the dude, so I drink White Russians

I also like Amaretto Sour and Tom Collins

Mmm...yep, Tom Collins is good...right up there with Gin and Tonic as a tasty summer drink! Amaretto sours are good if made right, but often they wind up a bit too sweet for me. Oh, now I have to go post something over in the earliest memories thread in bio...I'm realizing that alcohol may have had the bizarre effect of preserving an old memory! I was only about 2 1/2 yrs old (sister was still an infant...I don't remember her then, I just remember the neighbors coming to take her home early), it was my grandparents' 50th Anniversary (large generational gaps in my family), and they had one of those whiskey sour fountains set up at the party. I remember it being near the entrance to the hall the party was in, and being fascinated by this fountain, and stealing a LOT of cherries from it, and taking a drink of what I thought was lemonade :biggrin: Even then I stayed up past midnight dancing...guess I've always been a bit of a party girl.

Let's see, yep, dirty martinis are wonderful!

Another yummy drink that I got from webtender.com is Sex on the Brain. It's our lab theme drink! It's a good poolside drink...we made them for our summer party this year...complete with paper umbrellas.

I'm a sucker for blue drinks. When I feel like a fun cocktail and can't decide, I ask the bartender to make me something blue. People think I'm weird to drink blue drinks (I guess they usually have blue curacao to make them blue, and I just like that, especially with things like pineapple juice).

I went on vacation last winter to FL and enjoyed something called a melon martini...nothing at all resembling a martini other than that it came in a martini glass. It had midori melon liqueur in it...and some other stuff...the stuff was the fluorescent green color of antifreeze...fun (I'd almost have preferred it be served in a beaker). I found that sitting at a sidewalk table and drinking a fluorescent green drink is a wonderful way to meet people...seriously, people would stop to talk just to find out what the green drink is.

Oh, and of course Hurricanes are great too...but the real ones, not the ones from a mix. Or pina coladas. I really like rum drinks.

Um, sorry, I can't make up my mind on just one. Clearly you can tell I'm into the girly drinks.

Speaking of lab theme drinks (sex on a brain is a nice one), ours is Chimay. The corks then get sculpted into Chimay-men, that eventually inhabit our (vibration damping) sand-boxes.

And speaking of blue cocktails, blue curacao goes quite nicely with vodka (and a dash of lemon, if you wish) and soda water.

And another good drink for a hot summer day is a Mint Julep - nice and cooling.

Anyone into carbombs or luchbuckets or that kinda thing ?

(This is a bit of a digression : I'm curious to know if any others here have tried this wacky experiment - it's an alcohol/tobacco "smokektail", but I can't remember what we used to call it. Here's how it works...

Take a plastic bottle and make (burn/drill/poke out with sharp, pointy thing) a tiny hole in the side about two-thirds the way up, just large enough that a cigarette will squeeze its way through and be self-supported. Pour in a little alcohol (something with a high vapour pressure, like a freshly opened whiskey); light a cigarette and stick it in the hole, and smoke the cigarette through the mouth of the bottle. The alcohol vapors mix with the smoke and make for some seroius $#!t ! :yuck: Anyone done this ? )

Anyone done this ? )

No but I did empty a few cans of whipped cream in my day - the nitrous oxide gas.

My favorite cocktail? Its called coffee. Its made using the oil from beans... I can't drink; blood sugar problems.

Whipped cream?? Ivan, I can't imagine you doing something so deplorable!

(But I do feel better about smoking those banana peels now!) :rofl:

1. What is the origin of the cocktail "Adios Motherf@(*$#"?

The exact origin of the cocktail is unknown, but it is believed to have been created in the 1990s at a bar in Mexico.

2. What are the ingredients in an Adios Motherf@(*$#?

The typical ingredients in an Adios Motherf@(*$# are vodka, rum, tequila, gin, blue curacao, and lemon-lime soda. Some variations may also include triple sec and sour mix.

3. Why is it called "Adios Motherf@(*$#"?

The name of the cocktail is derived from the Spanish phrase "adios madre" which translates to "goodbye mother." The addition of the expletive is believed to have been added for shock value.

4. How strong is an Adios Motherf@(*$#?

The exact alcohol content of the cocktail may vary depending on the specific recipe and the amount of alcohol used, but it typically has a high alcohol content due to the combination of multiple liquors.

5. What is the best way to serve an Adios Motherf@(*$#?

The cocktail is best served over ice in a highball glass. Some may also choose to garnish it with a lemon or lime wedge.