Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite Cocktail ?

1. Sep 23, 2004 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's your preferred cocktail ?

Mine is a 2-layer shot with kahlua in the bottom of the glass and tequila floated on top of it, 1:1. (No lime or salt required)

If you drink it correctly (which basically involves tossing it all into your mouth in one quick action) the kahlua will beautifully cover the taste of the tequila, leaving you begging for more.

To make it, pour in the kahlua, and then carefully slide in the tequila along a spoon, so it doesn't mix.

It goes by the name Adios Motherf@(*$#

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2004 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I love Cosmopolitans. Such a fun girl's-night-out drink!

4. Sep 23, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It depends on my mood and the time of year. Dirty Martinis are good any time. :approve:

Gin & Tonic in the summer.

I break out the cream sherry in the fall. Bailey's is a must have for the holidays.

5. Sep 23, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Sep 23, 2004 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ahhhh...Those drink names bring back some memories! I had forgetten all about B-52's.

Evo, I love Dirty Martini's too!!! It's hard to find someone who makes a really good one, though. I have only found one bartender in L.A. who does it right.

7. Sep 23, 2004 #6
    What a great taste :biggrin: :approve:
    Evo is not randomly almighty here :rofl:

8. Sep 23, 2004 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think we should invent a drink called The Evo, but this is gonna be tough! It's gotta be
    slightly salty :wink:
    undeniably sweet :shy:
    and definitely have a spicy kick :devil: !

I can't even imagine the ingredients!
    :biggrin:

9. Sep 23, 2004 #8
    Rob Roy. I'm not old enough to drink, but mom said Rob Roy.

Paden Roder

10. Sep 23, 2004 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I had a drink called a Tsunami once when I was in Hawaii, but I don't remember much about that night...

11. Sep 23, 2004 #10
    dont talk to me about cocktails, its either straigh or nothing at all, tequila shots with NO SALT AND LIME, triple rye on the rocks, scoth, good old rhum, besides that any beer (some are better than others) wine red or white, schnapps, saukey, rice wine, its all good, cept cocktails

12. Sep 23, 2004 #11

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i make a yummy blueberry vodka drink that i don't know what to call it! basically just mixes a blueberry juice (the kind you find down the organic aisle at the store) and mix it with vanilla vodka...we tried putting half n half also in the drink and it tastes just like a blueberry creamsicle!!

i tend to like most vodka based drinks and some bailey's drinks...used to LOVE gin and tonics Evo, but i got sick of them. Wine is my preferred drink these days. I have a bottle of Dracula wine from Romania that I am waiting for Halloween to open!

13. Sep 23, 2004 #12
    I like yogurt+ strawberry+ wine+cream+different fruits,
    I like to lick goody beaty creams.

14. Sep 24, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

I'm boring, I just like manhattans. I have drunk quite a few cocktails but have been to wasted to remember their names...

15. Sep 24, 2004 #14

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Prawn cocktail!

I'm not a big cocktail drinker, but a glass of Pimm's No.1 (not a cocktail) on a hot summer day goes down a treat.

16. Sep 24, 2004 #15
    Although so simply made, I like a Champagne Cocktail

Champagne, Angostura Bitters & Sugar - it's just really nice.

That or a shot of Absinthe with the whole burning sugar routine. That's also really nice!!

17. Sep 24, 2004 #16
    So is this a challenge then? Find the perfect drink for Math Is Hard? Hmm...think I should do some experimenting...I get back to you :wink:

18. Sep 24, 2004 #17

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Vodka Tonic. Two limes.

19. Sep 24, 2004 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cool! Can't wait to hear the results of your research! :biggrin:

Hey - anyone hear like oyster shooters? we used to have those all the time in Texas until oyster eating got so dangerous.

20. Sep 24, 2004 #19
    hehe you guys know what funny, after reading that poor guys misfortune with tequila and lime juice and how it formed and ester or whatever, well i was sitting in a chem class that i'm not registared in,(cuz its in between 2 of my classes and i'm too lazy to go away then come back) and........... drum roll, the prof was talking about how you mix an acid with something(i forget the term he used but alcohol was on ex.) that you get an ester, then i was like HOLY **** deja view, hehe just thought i should share

21. Sep 24, 2004 #20
    I like the dude, so I drink White Russians

I also like Amaretto Sour and Tom Collins

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?