Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite Drinking Game

1. Dec 11, 2004 #1
    Drinking is quite commonly mentioned in the General Section, so I was wondering what everyone's favorite drinking game was?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My favorite game was the one where I drank a lot and then threw up and lot. :biggrin:

4. Dec 12, 2004 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pass the Cat. Take an ordinary housecat, pass it around a circle of people, and if the cat struggles away from you, you drink a shot. Endless amusement for humans, but endless annoyance for felines.

We used to play "Hi, Bob" while watching the Bob Newhart show, but that got dated. Anyone remember that?

5. Dec 12, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I remember the Bob Newhart show, if that's what you mean.

I joke around about drinking games, but have actually never played any. The crowd I hung out with in college wasn't all that into drinking. I didn't develop any really bad habits until I got to grad school, and by then, most folks were past the drinking game stuff. Most of my life, I've been the designated driver, because I'm the only one I trust to not drink at parties. I've only gotten totally smashed when I know I can spend the night wherever I am (and with that one ex-boyfriend who had to deal with the "I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm cold, I want more clothes on, I want to take all my clothes off, give me back my clothes, help me get these clothes off..." all night). I'm too much of a lightweight anyway. I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning if I played drinking games.

6. Dec 12, 2004 #5
    First time i ever got smashed was a drinking game, played 3 man for half an hour, and six beers, and then they brought out the rum...it was all downhill.

PLayed lots of 3 man, kings, beer pong....

7. Dec 12, 2004 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Moonbear, you'd be an interesting addition at strip poker games with those "clothes-go-on" and "clothes-go-off" rules. :rofl:

Regarding the Bob Newhart game, IIRC, if a character says "Bob" you take a sip, if a character says "hi, Bob", you drink half, if > 2 people say "hi, Bob" simultaneously or in succession, you down your drink. :biggrin:

8. Dec 12, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, I could never play by the rules. Once my clothes are off, I require another body to keep me warm. Good for the lucky guy who gets to be that body, bad for keeping the game going.

Seems the game would be even better for "Darryl." You remember, "Hi, my name is Darryl, and this is my brother Darryl, and my other brother Darryl." :rofl:

9. Dec 12, 2004 #8

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Now they play the Rambo drinking game. You watch Rambo and drink every time he kills someone.
    There's a ping pong drinking game that's really fun. You set a cup of beer (or whatever) at each end of the table and have to either throw or hit the ping pong ball into the other person's cup. If the ball lands in your cup to have to drink it. I can't remember the name of this game. I didn't play it that much. It's fun to watch though.
    Bull$h!t is also fun. It's a card game where you bluff and bet, but I don't remember exactly how to play. There's another card game that was a blast, but I don't remember much about how to play it or what it's called. Hmm.. notice a pattern emerging here?
    Edit: franznietzsche mentioned beer pong, but I remember it also being called by a longer name... or maybe it just seemed longer... er, oh...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  10. Dec 12, 2004 #9
    Pong is great. It is an all time college favorite. Man have you guys been out of college that long?

Some good drinking games:

-Edward 40's hands (my fav.)
    -Speed Quarters
    -Flip Cup
    -Power Hour
    -Suits (Horrible Horrible Horrible drinking game. Drinking game only for a real man.)
    -Case race (really stupid, but you can make some $$ if you win)
    -Circle of Death
    -Kings
    -F#ck the dealer

11. Dec 12, 2004 #10

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Wait till you see the drinking game between Legolas and Gimli in ROTK:EE :biggrin:
    (Great film, saw it last tuesday..)

12. Dec 12, 2004 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Logarithm Game :

Everyone starts by doing three shots. The first person to down all three shots starts. He/she (henceforth replaced by 'it') gives its (clockwise) neighbor a number. The neighbor must mentally calculate and guess the logarithm (base 10) of this number to the highest accuracy achievable in one minute. After its guess is verified against a calculator, the guesser must (A) down n shots of chosen alcohol, where n = 3 - (position after decimal of first incorrectly guessed digit), or (B) concede defeat and drop out.

Then there's the cube roots game...:tongue2:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  13. Dec 12, 2004 #12
    Russian rullete is kinda interesting drinking game,I have never played though, yet.

14. Dec 12, 2004 #13
    I just want to chip in and say there have been a lot of Bobs mentioned. LOL :rofl: I have a few because I got a drinking game set from my christmas dinner but I haven't really read it yet.

When I have I will tell you some of them.

The Bob (2004 ©)

15. Dec 12, 2004 #14
    Ah, I remember a party I went to, "Hey, let's play give one, take one! Everyone gets a card and... aw F--- it, I don't need a game to get me hammered!"

But seriously, I think the century game is fun. 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes (one shot a minute). Have a puke bucket handy.

16. Dec 12, 2004 #15
    My favourite drinking game is the "finals are done" one. It is pretty self-explanatory. I will be participating on the 16th, 17th and perhaps the 18th :rofl:

17. Dec 12, 2004 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

erm... I was actually referring to the original Bob Newhart show.
    oh, god, I'm so old!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't think I would be very good at Gokul's logarithm game. I am pretty sure I'd be the first one on the floor. :yuck:

singleton, I like your idea. my finals finish next weekend, too. :smile:

18. Dec 13, 2004 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When I worked in New Jersey, after spending a day managing a technology show at one of the big hotels on the coast, we would all gather down at the bar and the guys would always order bl_w j_bs for all the girls to drink. You'd have to stand with your hands held behind your back, pick the glass full of cream and liquor up with your mouth, making sure that your lips are sealed around the edged, hold your head up and drink the entire contents of the glass without spilling any. You can't touch the glass with your hands :bugeye:

19. Dec 13, 2004 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If there's no cream, you can use any beer with a nice head. :biggrin:

20. Dec 13, 2004 #19

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

I recall playing chess with pieces imprinted on glasses filled with wine. Pawns were half a shot, kings and queens were double shots. To complete a capture you had to empty the container. It made for some bizarre endgames.

21. Dec 13, 2004 #20
    Actually, I believe it was "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother darryl, and this is my other brother darryl."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?