Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite line dance?

1. Sep 23, 2010 #1

rcgldr

Homework Helper

For those of you that pick none of the below, you don't need to reply in this thread.

If you happen to be stuck in a Phillipine prison, you might learn a few line dances, like the original hustle:

If you like both country and western, there's the good time:

Electric Slide had country and disco versions, but I couldn't find good examples of either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq-psT_5bB0&hd=1

Saturday Night Fever line dance (won't make you suffer through any of these).

Superbad (James Brown) Shuffle, probably the best (at least longest sequence) of the line dances:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2010 #2

Danger

Gold Member

With no offense intended, the only line dance that I would like is one in which all of the participants died. That particular "art form" is a blight upon society.

4. Sep 23, 2010 #3

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Or a punishiment for Phillipine prisoners?

5. Sep 23, 2010 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Being a somewhat youngish Canuk, I'm afraid that the reference eludes me. :confused:
    All that I know about it is based upon experience. During the 17 years that I spent bartending in a cowboy joint, those line dancers were the second worst pestilence that we had. They took up the entire floor where less indoctrinated people were trying to really dance. They're okay as a display, like in a floor show, but they have no business taking up space that others with a true joy of dancing would like to occupy.

6. Sep 23, 2010 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A classic -

y = mx + b

7. Sep 23, 2010 #6

Dembadon

Gold Member

The easier version:

[tex]y-y_1=m(x-x_1)[/tex]

Too many steps in the classic version!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook