Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite movie ending

1. May 9, 2006 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Borrowing from Mk's thread, what's your favorite movie ending? I absolutely loved the climax of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I especially like the music when Tuco searches the graveyard.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2006 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

My favorite movie "ending" (it wasn't quite the very last scene) was in The Sixth Sense. I saw it on Opening Day before it caught fire, and was COMPLETELY fooled by the whole movie till that wedding band rolled off her hand towards the end of the movie. I love a movie that can do that to me.

On a separate note, the most frustrating movie ending was The Swimming Pool. At the end of the movie, I wasn't sure if I wanted to scream, gasp, cry, or yell profanities at the ending. Someone in the theater even yelled "Can someone tell me what the hell did that ending meant?!" People were discussing what it was even outside the theater! I had to chimed in that Roger Ebert had his interpretation of the ending in his review on his website. Till this very day, I still get "mad" at the ending in the sense that one doesn't have a "unique solution" to the movie.

Zz.

4. May 9, 2006 #3
    Please don't remind me of that movie. Even before I saw the film someone told me the plot (wasn't intentional). :cry:

5. May 9, 2006 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That's horrible!!

Zz.

6. May 9, 2006 #5
    My favourite movie ending was that of "Titanic", the part when the ship sinks :biggrin:. I have only seen the last part of the movie because I just hate the overall plot of the movie.

7. May 9, 2006 #6

EL

Science Advisor

Arrgghh. Looks like I have to see another movie tonight then...now when you have revealed how it ends...

8. May 9, 2006 #7
    Favorite ending, The Royal Tenenbaums, I've never been so glad to see the end of a movie in my entire life! :yuck:

Seriously, I like these endings: Casablanca (round up the usual suspects), Jaws (smile you S.O.A.B.), Seabiscuit (The comeback race shown would have been the equivelent of a forty year old athelete breaking a track record), MASH ("Did Hawkeye steal that Jeep?" "No it's the one he came in."), Allistar Sims Christmas Carol ("I don't deserve to be so happy," *flips his quill in the air* "but I can't help it."), Arsenic and Old Lace (I'm not a Brewster, I'm the son of a seacook!),

9. May 9, 2006 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Nothing beats the end of Braveheart. Whoa.

10. May 9, 2006 #9

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hannibal: Spoiler: When you find out he's actual chopped his own hand of AND he gives a piece of brain to a kid on the plane :biggrin:

~H

11. May 9, 2006 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

My favourate ending was to Jackie Chan's The Medallion.

The best thing about it was that it was less than an hour into the movie. At least it was for me...

It is the only movie in my list of movie ratings that did not get a rating at all, since I did not finish watching it.

12. May 9, 2006 #11

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You never saw Vanilla Sky? When I saw it, you would have thought someone opened a jar of lightning bugs, there were so many people checking their watch.

Best ending credits were for Rainman (the snapshots).

13. May 9, 2006 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Nah. Best ending credits goes to Ants: the "outtakes".

14. May 9, 2006 #13
    My favourite movie ending is from "The Life Of David Gale".
    Yet another good film that doesn't suffer from corny good beats evil endings is "Arlington Road"

15. May 9, 2006 #14

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Funny you mention that one. I was thinking of mentioning it too.

The ending did its trick on me, the moment of realization for the character happened exactly in parallel with my own moment of horrified realization, causing me to gasp and nearly jump out of my seat.

16. May 9, 2006 #15

Danger

Gold Member

With the exception of the 'Antz' one, I didn't read any of the responses because I haven't seen the other movies. I frequently like the blooper reels more than the actual shows, such as the remake of 'Fun with Dick and Jane'. My favourites are Jackie Chan's, though, and I really like the movies too. I'm quite sorry that the 'Trinity' movies didn't include them.
    As for an actual movie ending, it would probably be the one from my own favourite movie. It was called 'Birds of Prey'.

17. May 9, 2006 #16

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Nah. Best ending credits goes to Monty Python and Life of Brian.

18. May 9, 2006 #17

Danger

Gold Member

:surprised
    Fred you, of all people, I would have figured to agree with mine. Have you ever seen it?

19. May 9, 2006 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

Nobody's mentioned SE7EN's ending?

20. May 9, 2006 #19

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Absanively (if you're talking about the David Jansen one). I liked it very much. I always agree with you.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  21. May 9, 2006 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like the ending of Paulie. It's a very happy reunion with a surprise in it.
    [​IMG]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?