Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar

Physics news on Phys.org

Likes DennisN
Before... ,what happened ?

Likes DennisN and david2
Churches has just released a cover of the song "Cry Little Sister" from the movie "The Lost Boys" (1987).
A little more subtle than the original, but with great atmosphere and wonderful vocals:

Original song:
I also read on Wikipedia that the even though "The Lost Boys" is a vampire movie, the song is not actually about vampires, quote: "I always say that if I'd have seen the film first, I would probably not have written 'Cry Little Sister'. I didn't want the song to be specific to the vampire. I wanted it to be about the longing for family from a rejected youth's perspective, which I went through myself and that many of us have felt." (source)

Last edited:
Likes david2
My favorite song on the brand new Churches album "Screen Violence".

"Violent Delights" (a really, really dark song, I think it is about nightmares/fears, but I think it is splendid).
Here with lyrics included:

Likes david2
I've been using Soundscapes, on Comcast, as my date music for the last 8 years. I have dated women who primarily like everything from Metal to EDM to Jazz, but they all enjoyed Soundscapes for romantic evenings.

Likes david2
I like this soundscape

Last edited:

One of the most beautiful love songs ever written.

Likes david2
Another favorite love song of mine, My Eyes Adored You

When I can't have my baby with me, I like to listen to love songs.

Last edited:
Tony Allen was the greatest drummer you never heard of

Likes david2
M-Theory by Jonn Serrie

I knew that's how it would sound.

Likes david2
Ivan Seeking said:
M-Theory by Jonn Serrie

I knew that's how it would sound.

String Theory - Chris Jones

So now we know the difference between String Theory and M-Theory.

Tell me about it :

Likes DennisN and david2
I heard this song the other day on the internet radio channel Area 54.
I've never heard this band before, but I instantly liked it, it's a very groovy and nice song.

Navigator · The Asteroids Galaxy Tour · Lars Iversen · Mette Lindberg · Jacob Bellens · Lars
A good live version here:

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Navigator (Live at Baloise Session 2014)

Likes morrobay
Not bad for new music. And not bad for a blond

Likes DennisN
. Can anyone edit out from 3 to 3:54 minutes? She gets too carried away

Bandmaid - Dice.

Great rhythm section, especially the ebass player.

Likes Astronuc
This guy sure can sing.

A-ha - Manhattan Skyline (Live in NRK 1991)

The thread title is amusing considering it started 4 years ago.A tune kept popping as background music on some videos, and I finally identified it as Paris by artist Else.

I quite like Chooky's new music clip "Fairy Bread", especially the lyrics "Gotta keep my gay guys fed. And that is why I invented fairy bread. And if you don't believe me you can go drop dead" and "Spread it, spread it, spread it, sprinkle".

Likes collinsmark

Likes collinsmark
Great song with a strong retro feel.

Duffy - Warwick Avenue

fresh_42 said:

Interesting exercise, but a really crappy imitation, like they just fed the 5th Symphony and the scherzo to the 9th to the algorithm and got a mashup of the two. The finale is just an awful mess - and what the hell is an organ doing there?