Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar
Cannot have better than Nevermore:

Physics news on Phys.org

Don't You Just Know It​

Rolling Stones - Satisfaction (Dj Vini remix)​

T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)​

Likes pinball1970
I loved this song and looking back all these great 70s tracks were teaching me chord progressions.
I also had a dog called Sam, when he died I was heart broken.

• Love
Likes fresh_42
Right now I am listening to Satan. Satan's music is so much better than Christian music :oldbiggrin:

Likes fresh_42
LCSphysicist said:

You have got to be kidding me...

• Love
Likes LCSphysicist

That's me rolling on Sherman Way.

• Haha
Likes MathematicalPhysicist

MathematicalPhysicist said:
Right now I am listening to Satan. Satan's music is so much better than Christian music :oldbiggrin:

Then here is the real s###, not sure why the French seem to have cornered black metal

This is my current "favorite" (meaning listening to a lot lately)...

yeesh looking back at these pages, most videos are getting zapped or disabling embeding

This is about being so preoccupied with Nashville that it precludes homesicknesses for Georgia.

Greg Bernhardt said:
yeesh looking back at these pages, most videos are getting zapped or disabling embeding
This has never happened on any other site I visit. I make videos. Here I have had some disabled against my will.

Last edited:
Looks like Greg may have fixed it! :bow:

• Wow
Likes collinsmark
Hornbein said:
This is about being so preoccupied with Nashville. . .

About the same kind of situation. . . :wink:.

Last edited:
BillTre said:
Nope, they still don't embed properly. . . odd. . 😞

Greg Bernhardt said:
What's the cause and any remedy to this? It's a bummer, b/c half the fun of this thread is checking out other people's songs!

I think it is time to remember Eva Cassidy again.

OCR said:
Nope, they still don't embed properly. . . odd. . 😞

For me (firefox on Mac OS 12.5.1) I can see the pictures in almost all the videos, but with a bit (few seconds) of delay.
However, a lot don't play on the forum and say goto youtube to see the video. I hadn't tried that before.

OCR said:
About the same kind of situation. . . :wink:.

She was a very uncountry person who lived in radical Santa Cruz, California when I did. I believe she's Jewish. That's when I learned that those grossly exaggerated accents you hear coming out of Nashville are fake. Besides, I lived in the South for a while and never heard anyone talk even remotely like that. Well, if you want to be a pro musician you've got to do what you got to do.

Here's Emmylou Harris' ode to touring out of Nashville.
Hey pretty baby don't you know it ain't my fault
I love to hear the steel belts hummin' on the asphalt
Wake up in the middle of the night in a truck stop
Stumble in the restaurant wonderin' why I don't stop

fresh_42 said:
I think it is time to remember Eva Cassidy again.

Eva is one of my fave guitar players too.

• Love
Likes fresh_42
Fleetwood Mac

To me the attraction of this tune is Stevie Nicks' harmony singing. So minimal yet so effective.

Hornbein said:
Fleetwood Mac

To me the attraction of this tune is Stevie Nicks' harmony singing. So minimal yet so effective.

Very nice. Traveling Wilburys -- Handle With Care

Though the riff is stolen from Three Dog Night who did it even better. Well, you can't get sued over riffs.

Nice cowbell solo.

BillTre said:
I will try posting a few again.

The thumbnails were replaced with “video not available”

“Play in you tube” takes you to youtube but not the actual video.

Right now I can see all the postcards. So it is a random thing.

Yeah...I pretty much can't play anything in this thread, despite the YouTube play button showing up.

I suspect the lack of ability to view embedded video is due to copyright. I doubt that it's fundamentally a PF problem. (I could be wrong.)

There's monetization (i.e., money) in music. There's licenses that are enforced. Here's a video about YouTube music and copyright, although it doesn't address embedded videos specifically:

I'm guessing -- and this is just a guess -- that sometimes embedding is blocked for these reasons. If you were to release your own video on YouTube, you have option to disable embedding. Even if you don't disable embedding, but you use copyrighted music in your video, the embedding might get disabled anyway based on the music license, all handled behind the scenes. Whatever the case, that's a word of caution: if you ever release your own video to YouTube, don't use copyrighted music in your video if you want to maintain full control over it (not to mention, worst case, you might get dinged with a copyright strike).

One reason embedding might get disabled -- another guess here, btw. -- is the YouTube video description is a place to show the credits, e.g., artist, label, publisher, etc., which doesn't show through when the video is embedded.

I am on several music boards and have never seen embedded YT videos blocked like this, is it the way PF handles the tracking cookies that drive the ad algorithms?

BWV said:
I am on several music boards and have never seen embedded YT videos blocked like this, is it the way PF handles the tracking cookies that drive the ad algorithms?
I assume it is all about advertisement and not so much about copyright.