Favorite songs (new thread)

Good stuff. I love some of these oldies here. Compared to the things I like from today, they frequently win, because they have that thing they used to call "class". Like when you watch old version of "Hit the road, Jack".
Here is more oldies:
I like this one sang by Ella Fitzgerald as well, but it sounds better to me in Yiddish. Just wish there was a video of them performing when they were young.

Yiddish! I always wondered why the German was pronounced badly.

There are so many songs (millions?) that picking the best is maybe silly. But I'll go for Mr. Tambourine Man. The Byrds version especially.

ergospherical
Gold Member

BWV
New Carcass \M/

Well, not easy because there is sooooo much great music. Since a long long time I love Dinosaur Jr. Here a little introduction to a recent song, and no panic: It is officially from the bands channel, it is the official video. :cool:

Dinsosaur rocks forever!

@ergospherical

I don't know if you know but on the right you can see an LP with "Th" and I am pretty sure that it is from "The Smith" the song "The Charming Man", which is a really nice one.
Enjoy!

morrobay
Gold Member

Likes collinsmark
ergospherical
Gold Member
This is so dreamy. 😂

DennisN
Gold Member
2020 Award
Great song from earlier this year by the talented German musician Roosevelt.
I like quite many of his songs, but this is my favorite. Splendid sound and arrangement, in my opinion.

Roosevelt - Easy Way Out

And this song, "Forget", is also from the same album released this year. It caught my attention, since it starts as somewhat lo-fi, and halfway into the song, the drums suddenly come in and make it more hi-fi. Quite effective arrangement.

Roosevelt - Forget

Last edited:
morrobay
Gold Member
Before... ,what happened ?