Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Favorite thread

1. Jun 13, 2015 #1
    Dear PF Forum,
    Does anyone know how we can save our favorite threads INSIDE www.physicsforum.com profile not in our browser?
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You mean you want to save the links to your favorite threads on PF on PF itself?

The only way I can think of is to use a PM but then you have to invite someone into the conversation.

Let me think on it...

4. Jun 13, 2015 #3

Borek

You can mark a thread as watched.

5. Jun 13, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Borek beat me to it. I tried doing a PM to myself but it has a check against that.

It also looks like you can bookmark posts which then by definition are contained in the thread of interest.

Perhaps we can get xenforo to add a personal notes feature however I'm sure that could get abused.

6. Jun 13, 2015 #5

jedishrfu

Just tried the book mark and it worked. I bookmarked my post, went to My PF, selected bookmarks, the specific bookmark and it brought me back to this thread.

7. Jun 13, 2015 #6
    Thanks Borek, I remember you answering my question in plastic.
    But what if just want to reread the thread again.
    To study it later?

8. Jun 13, 2015 #7
    Actually I bookmarked them already. It does work. Just curious if we can bookmark PF in PF

9. Jun 13, 2015 #8

Borek

Yes - do as jedishrfu said, click the Bookmark under the first thread post.

10. Jun 13, 2015 #9
    Poll? Is that a new feature?

11. Jun 13, 2015 #10

Borek

Polls were present even in the old, vBulletin based PF.

12. Jun 13, 2015 #11
    Regarding the poll, I voted "no," on general principle. I might feel differently about specific cases, however. The poll might benefit from more options, such as "possibly," "maybe," "in some cases," and "perhaps, but only on the Fridays when the garbage truck is late enough not to wake me."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook