Finding the Perfect Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers various wine recommendations and preferences, including the difficulty of finding certain types of wine, suggestions for sampling and selecting wines, and a brief mention of smoking cigars.
timejim
I really like a Bougelais Nouveau and a good brand of Lambruska. The Nouveau is hard to find around here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Beaujolais Nouveau is only released once a year in November and the quanitities shipped to the US (if you are in the US) are not huge and are usually purchased quickly as it has developed a following here. If you really like it, I suggest that you stock up on it as soon as it appears.

I like Chardonnay & Zinfandel, De Loach winery is a consistant favorite of mine.

Best I ever had, Chateau Paulliac, 1962.

And when did you drink that one :wink:

I like to have a glass of wine once in a while, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea which one to pick when in the store.. and came home a few times with sour variaties :S

So tell me: which ones are good

Wine snobs will insist on certain vinters, vintages, etc... but I say go with what you like. Besides De Loach, I like a cheap White Zinfandel from another American winery Berringer. It's light and fruity.

The wines you bought may have become sour from improper storage, oxidation can destroy a good bottle of wine.

If restaurants there offer a wine list that allows you to purchase wines by the glass or caraf, you can inexpensively sample a variety and select your favorite. When you find one you like, write the name down.

I usually like anything red. However i have developed quite a taste for white zinfandel cos the parents like to drink it. Ultimate.

I hate wine. Too high class for me. I prefer plain old beer, whisky and vodka.

lol, i drink wine about once a week, I am usually a beer or jack daniels kinda bloke...but the ones mentioned above are the ones i like when i want to appear 'couth'

a recent favorite is menage a trois- 3 rivers vintner. Merlot, cab and zinfandel blend. I highly recommend it- and it's only about 15 bucks a bottle.

I've also acquired a taste for reisling wines.

If you want sweet, go with a port, sherry, or zinfandel.

Red wines give me the worst headache. I like White Zinfandels (like Evo? - what a surprise! :wink:) and White Merlot is very tasty, too. But my very favorite is Pieroth Gewurztraminer. Yum.

Originally posted by Tsunami
Red wines give me the worst headache.
OMG! I had to stop drinking red wine because of the headaches they cause. (start the theme song from the twilight zone)

And I've been having dreams about large, glowing, green cows! This is so SCARY!

Have you had any cravings for Green Apple Martini's??

i enjoy Alice White Cabernet Shiraz...it's from SE Aussie

Have you had any cravings for Green Apple Martini's??
I've never had one. :frown:

Originally posted by Evo
I've never had one. :frown:

I'm sorry. :frown: You must rectify this at once!

They're dandy! I usually have regular (Absolut) gin martini's but for a nice change...:wink:

I'm sorry. :frown: You must rectify this at once!

They're dandy! I usually have regular (Absolut) gin martini's but for a nice change...:wink:
Actually, I've been intending to try a green apple martini. I love martini's, but my favorite are dirty martini's. I wish I had one right now!

Originally posted by Evo
Actually, I've been intending to try a green apple martini. I love martini's, but my favorite are dirty martini's. I wish I had one right now!
Now YOU'RE taking ME on a trip down memory lane! Years ago I had some friends with a houseboat moored on the Sacramento Delta. We would take a couple of ski boats up, tie them to the houseboat and cruise the Delta for a weekend. We would go up with multitudes of jars of olives, make a giant batch of martinis, pour the juice off of the olives and fill the jars of olives with martinis. We'd stick them in the refridgerator or coolers and take them with us to ski the following days. What a TRIP!

any of you ever smoke fine cigars on rare occasion?

Originally posted by Zantra
any of you ever smoke fine cigars on rare occasion?
They smell bad.

What is Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska?

Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska are types of wine that are known for their light, fruity flavors. They are both produced using a technique called carbonic maceration, which involves fermenting whole grapes in a carbon dioxide-rich environment. This results in a wine that is low in tannins and has a fresh, fruity taste.

What makes Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska different from other wines?

Aside from their unique production method, Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska are often described as "young" wines, meaning they are meant to be consumed shortly after bottling. This is in contrast to other wines that benefit from aging. Additionally, these two wines are typically low in alcohol content and are best served chilled.

What foods pair well with Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska?

Due to their light and fruity flavors, Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska pair well with a variety of foods. They are commonly served with charcuterie, cheese, and roasted vegetables. Additionally, these wines are a great accompaniment to holiday meals, particularly Thanksgiving dinner.

Where can I find Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska?

Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska are typically released in late November, just in time for Thanksgiving. They can be found at most wine shops and liquor stores, as well as some supermarkets. Additionally, many wineries and vineyards offer tastings and sales of these wines during their release season.

Are there any health benefits to drinking Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska?

As with any alcoholic beverage, moderation is key when consuming Bougelais Nouveau and Lambruska. However, these two wines do contain some antioxidants and may have cardiovascular benefits when consumed in moderation. As always, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your diet.