• News
  • Thread starter McGyver
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
deckart said:
How about a womens right to say "no glove, no love"? Exercising that right sure would make things easier on everyone, on the left and on the right. One of the key issues not talked about on that issue is taking responsibility for your actions before having to fix your mistakes.
Just a knee-jerk opinion...
I don't know what point you're trying to make there considering the discussion we're currently having is about the viewpoint of those on the extreme right who would curb access to birth control, and hence also curb that "right" to say "no glove, no love."

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TheStatutoryApe said:
"They're taking away women's rights!" has been a predominant war cry for quite some time. Indeed they go so far as to say that these people hate women, want to take away their rights to vote, make them subservient to men, ect ect...
Do you really think that women are being targeted?
Do you think that anyone will ever even get close to overturning Roe v. Wade let alone women's right to vote?
It sounds like alot of fear mongering rhetoric to me.
Indeed there are people out there with agendas that may work toward over turning RvW and getting rid of birth control because there still exist ignorant persons who fall for the other side's rhetoric. Does that warrant decending to their level of fear mongering though?
How is it fear mongering? Do we risk being complacent when the politicians ARE listening to them? Of course it's not only women's rights they are threatening, it's those of anyone who doesn't share their bigoted views of everyone different from them. It leaves you really wondering how they have so much influence.

Moonie said:
How is it fear mongering?
I understand that the point is to get people to pay attention. When it's done by scaring them with exagerations and slippery slopes that's called fear mongering. It's like when the conservatives foam at the mouth while going on about "Religious zealots who hate and threaten the american way of life!".
Meh.. I'm sorry. This is pretty off topic. I just get tired of looking at the same monster spouting different talking points. I could go to a neocon rally and say "Those ****ing muslim fundamentalists!" and they would nod in agreement. I could go to a liberal rally and say "Those ****ing christian fundamentalists!" and they would nod in agreement. Switch it up and I would get kicked out of either one. Neither side seems to get that both statements are equally disgusting.
I'll stop being off topic now :redface: