News Fear! Fear! Fear!

• Thread starter pattylou
  • Start date
MaxS said:
Uh actually no.. in case you haven't noticed (which wouldn't be at all surprising) the entire republican administration IS rather rife with corruption, and the Bush administration DID lead us into a war of aggression based entirely on lies. In fact a few of the many players are now going down. So no its not just rhetoric its the truth.
Lol... Facts are true. Rhetoric is just rhetoric.
If Bush gets up and says "Hey! There's this Bird Flu thing going on and we need to do something about it!" with out telling me any facts... it's rhetoric. What he says may very well be true but really he's just making a show and it's not worth my time.
That piece I quoted wasn't by your man Dean but the pieces I read by him were all in the same vein. It's rhetoric and not worth my time.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Lol... Facts are true. Rhetoric is just rhetoric.
If Bush gets up and says "Hey! There's this Bird Flu thing going on and we need to do something about it!" with out telling me any facts... it's rhetoric. What he says may very well be true but really he's just making a show and it's not worth my time.
That piece I quoted wasn't by your man Dean but the pieces I read by him were all in the same vein. It's rhetoric and not worth my time.
Uh... just because YOU say its rhetoric doesn't make it any less factual.

Bush DID say that SH had WMD's (remember that?) and that we had conclusive evidence he was planning to use them against us (remember that?) and thats why we're in a war there right now (you noticed right?)

Not to mention of course that those wmd's were largely our gift to saddam... not to mention that saddam was in power because the U.S. put him there...

Not to mention that the vice president's company is in charge of reconstruction in iraq..

Not to mention an enormous host of other things...

So, when Howard Dean, or his website administrator in this case I guess, says that the Bush administration is corrupt, it is not RHETORIC it is the TRUTH.

And if YOU think the truth isn't worth your time, then its no surprise you're supporting fascists.

MaxS said:
And if YOU think the truth isn't worth your time, then its no surprise you're supporting fascists.
Lol... you are really absolutely hilarious. Sorry you were banned but hopefully it's only a temp.
If you hadn't noticed before you came into this thread I was saying that I don't listen to any politicians rhetoric because it's not worth my time. That includes your "fascists" that you mention. How this means that I support fascists I have no idea. Maybe anyone who is critical of what you believe in is a fascist then?

Hopefully you will be back soon and can explain to me why I am a fascist or supporter of fascists.

I believe the NY Times is reporting that Canadian health officials have detected the virus in their country.
I thought it worth mentioning that the Canadian strain mentioned a few weeks ago, with some concern, is being reported today as not being the lethal Asian strain.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=9744fb0f-3b58-4ecb-87a3-1402ee2951a6 [Broken]

Of course the Asian virus may mutate into a human form, but if the canadian virus in any way feeds into people's fears over this.... I hope today's report helps keep things in a little more perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: