Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Feasibility Study

1. Aug 5, 2016 #1
    Dear all,

I have been searching for quite a while in regards to this topic but cannot find an answer that suits my question, which is: How would someone go about creating a tender bid for a feasibility study?

How can you determine the cost of a feasibility study without actually doing the feasibility study and thus knowing the type of time requirements are needed to attach a price to, to deliver a competitive bid?

All I can find through my searches for books and online information is in regards to actual feasibility studies and not a tender bid to get work for the feasibility study.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2016 #2

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You find someone that has done something similar before.

4. Aug 5, 2016 #3
    @CWatters

I'm just trying to find the style that people have proposed this type of tender in, but I cannot find anything online (apart from 1 which is quite bad) in regards to bids to this type of tender. All I can find is the invitations to tender. Do you know if there are registries online that have tender bids in them? or is this confidential information?

5. Aug 6, 2016 #4

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I don't see why bidding for a feasibility study should be significantly different to bidding for any other project. The client needs to know what you are going to do during the feasibility study, what you will deliver at the end and how much the feasibility study will cost. If there is an invitation to tender document I'd stick to a similar format and perhaps even use the same headings where appropriate. There must be books on writing a bid.

I've written small project proposals but it was some years ago and they were confidential to the employer/client.

6. Aug 7, 2016 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

All of the proposals I write use the same basic format, with tweaks, whether for a study or design project.

Pricing a feasibility study really isn't all that hard because you tailor the scope to the fee you want to charge. You don't follow a line of investigation until it ends, you follow it as far as your budget allows and then you stop. Pricing a design project where someone hasn't done the feasibility study is much harder because you don't necessarily have much detail about the scope.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted