Featured Threads at Physics Forums - See the Latest Now!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Physics Forums now has the ability to promote their best and most interesting content by featuring threads at the top of the homepage and labeling them at the forum level. Users can also find a list of featured threads in the "more featured threads" link and the forums drop down. Requests for threads to be featured can also be submitted. However, if a user no longer wishes to see a featured thread, there is a drop down in the top right corner that allows them to dismiss it. There is currently no option to dismiss all featured threads at once, but it may be added in the future.
We now have the ability to promote our best and most interesting content at Physics Forums. The very latest featured thread is now previewed at the top of the homepage. There is also a list/archive of featured threads if you follow the "more featured threads" link and there is a link in the forums drop down at the top. Featured threads are also labeled at the forum level.

If you no longer wish to see a featured thread on the homepage there is a drop down in the top right corner element with an option to dismiss.

Anyway, we will always be taking requests (not always approved) for threads to be featured. If you come across a thread/discussion that is high quality and feel it needs to be promoted then link me to it here. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Likes DataGG and TumblingDice
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
If you no longer wish to see a featured thread on the homepage there is a drop down in the top right corner element with an option to dismiss.
Greg, when I try to close the featured threads by clicking the drop down, it just gives me the previous thread. Ok, that was a couple of weeks ago, now I don't even see the drop down. Is there a way to close the area completely?

Evo said:
Greg, when I try to close the featured threads by clicking the drop down, it just gives me the previous thread. Ok, that was a couple of weeks ago, now I don't even see the drop down. Is there a way to close the area completely?
I think you'll need to dismiss all of them

I no longer even see a way to delete or minimize the "Featured Threads", did it get removed?

Evo said:
I no longer even see a way to delete or minimize the "Featured Threads", did it get removed?
Shows for me, try clearing your cache

Greg Bernhardt said:
How about now
It's back now, thanks!

Oh, I should mention that the Featured Threads is a great idea, I just want a way to close them after I read them. :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
It would be nice with an option to dismiss all featured threads in one click so you don't have to dismiss all of them one at a time. Perhaps another action in the drop-down menu saying "Dismiss all featured threads".

Filip Larsen said:
It would be nice with an option to dismiss all featured threads in one click so you don't have to dismiss all of them one at a time. Perhaps another action in the drop-down menu saying "Dismiss all featured threads".
Currently that option does not exist, hopefully in the future, thanks!

What is the purpose of "Featured Threads" at Physics Forums?

The purpose of "Featured Threads" is to highlight and promote interesting and important discussions happening on the Physics Forums platform. These threads are hand-picked by moderators and administrators to showcase the diverse range of topics and conversations happening within the community.

How are the "Featured Threads" chosen?

The "Featured Threads" are chosen by moderators and administrators based on a variety of factors, including relevance to current events or scientific breakthroughs, level of engagement and discussion within the thread, and overall quality of content. The goal is to select threads that will be of interest to a wide range of members and stimulate meaningful discussions.

How often are the "Featured Threads" updated?

The "Featured Threads" are updated on a regular basis, usually once a week. This allows for a constant rotation of new and interesting discussions to be highlighted and ensures that members have a chance to see a variety of topics and perspectives.

Can anyone suggest a thread to be featured?

Yes, members are welcome to suggest threads to be featured. However, the final decision rests with the moderators and administrators. To suggest a thread, simply contact a moderator or use the "Report" button on the thread to bring it to their attention.

Why should I check out the "Featured Threads" at Physics Forums?

The "Featured Threads" at Physics Forums offer a curated selection of the most interesting and relevant discussions happening on the platform. They are a great way to discover new topics, engage in meaningful conversations, and stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the world of physics and science.