Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Featured Threads

1. Sep 26, 2014 #1
    We now have the ability to promote our best and most interesting content at Physics Forums. The very latest featured thread is now previewed at the top of the homepage. There is also a list/archive of featured threads if you follow the "more featured threads" link and there is a link in the forums drop down at the top. Featured threads are also labeled at the forum level.

If you no longer wish to see a featured thread on the homepage there is a drop down in the top right corner element with an option to dismiss.

Anyway, we will always be taking requests (not always approved) for threads to be featured. If you come across a thread/discussion that is high quality and feel it needs to be promoted then link me to it here. Enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2015 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

4. Jan 24, 2015 #3
  5. Jan 24, 2015 #4

Evo

Greg, when I try to close the featured threads by clicking the drop down, it just gives me the previous thread. Ok, that was a couple of weeks ago, now I don't even see the drop down. Is there a way to close the area completely?

6. Jan 24, 2015 #5
    I think you'll need to dismiss all of them

7. Jan 24, 2015 #6

Evo

I no longer even see a way to delete or minimize the "Featured Threads", did it get removed?

8. Jan 24, 2015 #7
    Shows for me, try clearing your cache

9. Jan 24, 2015 #8
    what featured thread shows for you?

10. Jan 24, 2015 #9

Evo

11. Jan 24, 2015 #10
    How about now

12. Jan 24, 2015 #11

Evo

It's back now, thanks!

13. Jan 24, 2015 #12

Evo

Oh, I should mention that the Featured Threads is a great idea, I just want a way to close them after I read them. :)

14. Mar 10, 2015 #13

Filip Larsen

Gold Member

It would be nice with an option to dismiss all featured threads in one click so you don't have to dismiss all of them one at a time. Perhaps another action in the drop-down menu saying "Dismiss all featured threads".

15. Mar 10, 2015 #14
    Currently that option does not exist, hopefully in the future, thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook