Why is this thread featured by @Greg Bernhardt?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a thread on Einstein's definition of time that caught the attention of @Greg Bernhardt. After reading most of the thread, @Greg noticed an image and felt the thread should be featured. @Aufbauwerk 2045 expresses concern about any blinking features, to which @Greg responds that he will try to feature the thread without any blinking elements. They also discuss the possibility of a popup or full page overlay to confirm that the thread is featured. Finally, @Greg jokes about the need to Like a post before being able to Unlike it.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
@Greg Bernhardt
I know it was probably just me not paying attention, but while reading @Aufbauwerk 2045's thread "Einstein's definition of time", I said to myself "This thread really needs to be featured". After reading most of the thread I finally noticed the
Featured2.jpg
image.

edit: removed blink

Attachments

• Featured2.jpg
    Featured2.jpg
    974 bytes · Views: 305
Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt and jim hardy
Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing blinking please. The internet got successfully rid of that about 20 years ago.

Likes russ_watters, dlgoff, anorlunda and 1 other person
mfb said:
Nothing blinking please. The internet got successfully rid of that about 20 years ago.
Don't worry. I was only meaning to show how absorbed I was reading that excellent thread. May be useful to Greg in someway. :redface:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
Noted and I’ll see what I can do!
But NO BLINKING ! :smile:

Likes dlgoff, Tom.G and Ibix
phinds said:
But NO BLINKING ! :smile:
Marquee?

Ibix said:
Marquee?
NOT one that crawls! No movement, please.

A popup?
A full page overlay?
"Please confirm that you noted this thread is featured. Write 'this is a featured thread' in the box below."

mfb said:
A popup?
A full page overlay?
"Please confirm that you noted this thread is featured. Write 'this is a featured thread' in the box below."
:oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

mfb said:
A popup?
A full page overlay?
Darn! I have to Like a post before I can Unlike it.

Likes dlgoff and Ibix

1. What is a "Featured thread"?

A "Featured thread" is a thread or discussion topic that has been chosen by the moderators or administrators of a forum or community to be highlighted and given more visibility. It is usually considered to be of high quality, informative, or important to the community.

2. How is a thread chosen to be featured?

The process of selecting a thread to be featured varies depending on the forum or community. Generally, moderators or administrators will review threads and select ones that meet certain criteria, such as being well-written, relevant, and generating meaningful discussion. Some communities may also take suggestions from members for featured threads.

3. What are the benefits of having a thread featured?

Having a thread featured can bring several benefits to the author and the community. It can increase visibility and reach a larger audience, potentially leading to more engagement and feedback. It also shows recognition and validation from the moderators or administrators, which can encourage the author and others to continue contributing high-quality content.

4. How long does a thread remain featured?

The duration of a featured thread varies depending on the forum or community. Some threads may only be featured for a few days, while others may remain featured for weeks or even months. It ultimately depends on the moderators or administrators' discretion and the success and relevance of the thread.

5. Can anyone request for their thread to be featured?

Most forums or communities do not have a formal process for requesting a thread to be featured. However, some may allow members to suggest threads for consideration by the moderators or administrators. It is important to follow any guidelines or rules set by the community and to ensure that the suggested thread meets the criteria for being featured.