Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fed up with my degree

1. Jul 18, 2013 #1
    I am studying engineering at university of moratuwa sri lanka.
    Started following the course just over a month ago. And i am studying cima also in parellel to it.
    But the thing is, i don't like engineering at all. I am exhausted with this now. I never wanted to do engineering. I did it just because my parents wanted me to do this. I've got my 1st semester exams on October and in less than 1 month after that i have to do my cima exams also. 5 subjects on operational and managerial levels.
    I don't like engineering and cima both. I wanted to study physics. But there's no way i can turn around now.
    There's a lot of stuff to study and i have no interest on any of the subjects.
    I don't feel like studying at all. What can I do? Please help me.
    The clock is ticking. I have very limitted time also. :(

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2013 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

My advice would be to put some serious thought into what you want out of life, as it relates to education:
    What do you want to do for a living?
    How important is money/how much do you want?
    How many hours do you want to work?
    How hard do you want the work to be? Physical or intellectual?
    What does that compute to in terms of education?

One of the ways people mess this up is by having no or a bad plan. You can always change your mind later, but don't confuse that with not needing to have a good plan.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook