What Are the Interests and Expertise of Chilean Scientist Felipe?

• Thread starter Felipe good guy
  • Start date
In summary, Chilean scientist Felipe's interests and expertise lie in the fields of biology and environmental science. He is particularly interested in studying the effects of climate change on ecosystems and has conducted extensive research on the impacts of human activity on the environment. Felipe's expertise also includes genetics and biotechnology, with a focus on developing sustainable solutions for food production. He is a highly respected scientist in his field and has published numerous studies and articles on his research. Felipe's passion for exploring the natural world and finding solutions to environmental issues makes him a valuable asset to the scientific community.
Felipe good guy
I am a Chilean scientist. I have a B.S. and Master degree in Geophysics, and a PhD in Planetary Sciences. I love physics discussion forums and threads.

My areas of expertise are:

1) Long-term Geodynamics, Tectonophysics: This is related to highly viscous fluids (Stokes flow), classical thermodynamics solutions; Elasto-Visco-Plasticity; Earth and planetary materials.
2) Seismology: Related to Elasto-dynamics theory, anelastic dissipation; Earthquakes.
3) Planetary Magnetism: Related to MHD, dynamo generation, geomagnetism, planetary evolution.
4) Applied/exploration geophysics: Related to Electromagnetic methods put in practice, Gravimetry and Geodesy, Magnetometry.

Beyond my work, I enjoy any discussion in physics. Some of my favorites are: Chaos theory, Statistical mechanics, General Relativity, Cosmology.

I would enjoy answering, especially if your question reveals some thinking from your side.

cheers,
Felipe

Likes berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! We appreciate your endeavour to answer the questions posted here. :smile: