Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fell out of the shower

1. Oct 7, 2015 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Getting out of the shower witch is above our bath ,the bath mat slipped and i did the splits, so what you might say, well it bloody hurts, if you are of mature age thees sort of accidents seem to become more often, so if you have a bath mat on an linoleum floor make sure it has a rubberized backing.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2015 #2
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly.

4. Oct 7, 2015 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:oldfrown: Ouch! A good sturdy handle mounted on the wall next to the bath would be a good idea, Woolie!

5. Oct 7, 2015 #4
    It might help to put some grab bars on the walls Wolram. I hope you are OK

6. Oct 7, 2015 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Yes the shower curtain is not is not a handle as i found out
    As you can imagine doing the splits over the rim of the bath parts of ones anatomy come into sudden contact, so apart from doing the splits witch is painful enough ones
    nuts are sore.

7. Oct 7, 2015 #6

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about a mat in the floor too, firmly attached to it. Strange, but these falls are much more likely than terrorist attacks, but people take more precautions for the latter.

8. Oct 7, 2015 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I hope you heal up quickly. May get some non-slip stickies for the shower, and perhaps a hand rail.

I knew someone who fell getting out of the shower. She broke her arm, shoulder and collarbone, so be careful!

9. Oct 7, 2015 #8

nsaspook

Science Advisor

Ouch. When I remodeled the bath I installed heated non-skid Through-bodied Porcelain tile to avoid the slip and splits problem.

10. Oct 9, 2015 #9
    Everyone is thinking that shower is better than bath?)
    http://lodozo.com/files/images/Cute-Baby-Bath-lodozo.com.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook