Fell out of the shower

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Getting out of the shower witch is above our bath ,the bath mat slipped and i did the splits, so what you might say, well it bloody hurts, if you are of mature age thees sort of accidents seem to become more often, so if you have a bath mat on an linoleum floor make sure it has a rubberized backing.

Answers and Replies

Dr. Courtney
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:oldfrown: Ouch! A good sturdy handle mounted on the wall next to the bath would be a good idea, Woolie!

It might help to put some grab bars on the walls Wolram. I hope you are OK

wolram
Gold Member
:oldfrown: Ouch! A good sturdy handle mounted on the wall next to the bath would be a good idea, Woolie!
Yes the shower curtain is not is not a handle as i found out
It might help to put some grab bars on the walls Wolram. I hope you are OK
As you can imagine doing the splits over the rim of the bath parts of ones anatomy come into sudden contact, so apart from doing the splits witch is painful enough ones
nuts are sore.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
How about a mat in the floor too, firmly attached to it. Strange, but these falls are much more likely than terrorist attacks, but people take more precautions for the latter.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

As you can imagine doing the splits over the rim of the bath parts of ones anatomy come into sudden contact, so apart from doing the splits witch is painful enough ones
nuts are sore.
I hope you heal up quickly. May get some non-slip stickies for the shower, and perhaps a hand rail.

I knew someone who fell getting out of the shower. She broke her arm, shoulder and collarbone, so be careful!

nsaspook
Science Advisor

nuts are sore.
Ouch. When I remodeled the bath I installed heated non-skid Through-bodied Porcelain tile to avoid the slip and splits problem.

denik1388
Everyone is thinking that shower is better than bath?)
http://lodozo.com/files/images/Cute-Baby-Bath-lodozo.com.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: