Female Ejaculation: Reliable Sources on Composition

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
In summary, the article reports that female ejaculation is not just diluted urine, but may actually be the discharge of a female prostate gland.
KingNothing
Does anyone have some good links to RELIABLE sources on what female ejaculate is composed of and whether or not it is in fact diluted urine?

Biology news on Phys.org
Here's an abstract on it. Unfortunately, the original article is in Czech, so I can't offer any further interpretation regarding the study methods or results. This is the only article I can find on pubmed that seems to have assessed the composition of the secretion. Everything else I've found either has no abstract (letters rather than articles and/or not translated from another language), or reports on survey results of incidence of female ejaculation in anthropology journals. I honestly don't even know how credible this particular journal is as it's published in Czech, so I can't verify the quality of the publications.

Cesk Psychiatr. 1994 Apr;90(2):71-7.

[Orgasmic expulsions in women]

[Article in Czech]

Kratochvil S.

Psychiatricka nemocnice Kromeriz, Vaclav Klima.

Orgasm is in some women accompanied by the release of fluid from the external genitalia. This fluid can sometimes eject under pressure and thus resemble male ejaculation. It may presumably originate in the vagina, in the bladder (orgastic urination) or in the paraurethral (Skene's) glands, labeled by some authors as the female prostate. Analysis of the fluid samples showed it to be urine, secretion of Skene's glands or a mixture of both. The relationship of these expulsions to the stimulation of the vaginal G spot has been reported. Zaviacic et al. (1988) established in female volunteers undergoing digital stimulation of the G spot that in some women there is no expulsion, in some there is expulsion accompanied by orgasm and in some expulsions occur easily without orgasm or even without sexual arousal. Our own findings are based on the use of the sexological questionnaire SGZ, which contains items concerning the occurrence of "release of fluid" during orgasm or of "expulsion of fluid, similarly as in male ejaculation". We obtained data from 200 women treated for the neurosis and from 100 female health professionals and counselors. Organistic expulsions resembling male ejaculation were reported in 6% of both samples. Additional 13% had at least some experience with such expulsions. Release of fluid without ejaculation was reported by approximately 60% of females in both samples. We consider "female ejaculation" to be a rare phenomenon, which nevertheless deserves attention in sexological consultations. It should not cause feelings of shame, but should be accepted as a normal part of female sexual reaction.

PMID: 8004685 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

cronxeh said:
Whats wrong with google?
It returns hits to political sites like the one you linked to. Pubmed returns the famous 2001 Hines article:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed&term="female+ejaculation"

The Straight Dope's Cecil Adams read that article and has said this about it:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/011130.html

--
On the related subject of female ejaculation, there's an emerging consensus that the fluid emitted by some women during orgasm isn't just urine, as was widely thought, but rather the discharge of a female prostate gland. But no one suggests that female prostate = G-spot.

"Until a thorough and careful [microscopic] investigation of the relevant tissue is undertaken," Hines concludes, "the G-spot will remain a sort of gynecologic UFO: much searched for, much discussed, but unverified by objective means."
--

the G-spot will remain a sort of gynecologic UFO:

Oh no! I can't say what I wanted to o:)

Couldn't it be that the G-spot is just a place some woman have where there is a high concentration of nerves. So it could be big or small and at somewhat different locations? And not all females need to have it?

I know that females have way more nerves transmitting signals from the vagina areas, that it is way more complex and that there are nerves going to the brain that bypass parts of the lower spine. This also results into the female orgasm being more complex in character where the male orgasm is pretty standard, which is true.

*says a virigin male* :) Couldn't resist. But I won't touch the ejaculation thing, in figure of speach of course.

What is female ejaculation?

Female ejaculation is the expulsion of fluid from the female prostate gland, also known as the Skene's gland, during sexual stimulation. This fluid is released through the urethra and is often referred to as "squirting".

Is female ejaculation a real phenomenon?

Yes, female ejaculation is a real and natural occurrence. It has been documented in various cultures and throughout history. However, the amount and frequency of female ejaculation may vary among individuals.

What is the composition of female ejaculate?

The composition of female ejaculate is similar to male ejaculate, as it contains water, urea, creatinine, and trace amounts of other substances such as glucose and prostate-specific antigen (PSA). The fluid also contains prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP), a protein produced by the Skene's gland.

Can all women experience female ejaculation?

It is estimated that only a small percentage of women are able to experience female ejaculation. However, this does not mean that those who do not ejaculate are abnormal or have a sexual dysfunction. Female ejaculation is a natural variation among women.

What are reliable sources for information on female ejaculation?

Some reliable sources for information on female ejaculation include peer-reviewed scientific articles, textbooks on human sexuality, and reputable health websites such as Mayo Clinic or WebMD. It is important to critically evaluate the credibility of the source before relying on the information provided.