Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Female taller than male partner?

1. Apr 8, 2007 #1
    Any male have a female partner taller than them? Or female have a male partner shorter than them? If so what is it like? Is the relationship not as good?

How do males and females feel in these situations or relationsips?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2007 #2
    An inch or two taller, but I've never dated say a 6+ foot tall basketball player ;) Keep in mind that I'm only 5'10ish. I'd say that height doesn't matter, but it all depends on what your attracted to.

4. Apr 8, 2007 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Shortarses such as myself can't afford to be so choosy. What blinkin difference does height make?! If she's too tall to kiss, we can just stand on a Yellow Pages or two.

5. Apr 8, 2007 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Practical is he. :rofl:

I've been attracted to taller women, and I've seen a married couple where the wife was 8-10 inches taller than the husband.

It doesn't matter.

In my earliest years of university, there was one lady athlete who played basketball and volleyball. She was very attractive, and she ended up dating a guy who was about the same height. What bothered me most was her posture - the way she held her head with her neck leaning forward - so she didn't appear so tall. I imagine she felt self-conscious about her height. I would have wished she hold herself tall and straight. In her elderly years, that posture would likely be problematic as the vertebrae reduce in density and the connective tissue weaken. I see many elderly people stooping with excessive bending/bowing of the vertebrae, and it is largely avoidable IMO.

6. Apr 8, 2007 #5

radou

Homework Helper

Luckily, I'm not attracted to taller women. Couldn't afford it, anyways. :tongue:

7. Apr 8, 2007 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't afford to be attracted to women :cry:

I wouldn't be bothered by a taller female partner.

8. Apr 8, 2007 #7

radou

Homework Helper

How do you mean? Is it cheaper to take a male out on a date? :biggrin:

9. Apr 8, 2007 #8

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well I meant i've got no cash and women are expensive, but perhaps a man would be cheaper on a date, I don't know.

10. Apr 8, 2007 #9

radou

Homework Helper

Well, depends what kind of women we're talking about here. :wink:

If you want my opinion on the same general level, I'd say women are definitely not expensive. :smile:

11. Apr 8, 2007 #10
    I date a woman who is 2 inches taller (easy to do when you're 5'5) and for the most part it's not a problem. I wouldn't say that it adversely affects the relationship, though it can play havoc with the logistics of displaying one's affection.

12. Apr 8, 2007 #11
    5'5???
    5'10??
    I'll never figure out you Americans and your measurement system...
    How much is 180cm?Is it considered tall ?
    Here 180cm is just almost average, Almost everyone I know is either just below 180 or more..

13. Apr 8, 2007 #12

Astronuc

180 cm = 70 " = 5' 10''. That might be considered tall. I wouldn't - but then tall is relative :biggrin: .

However, I think average height for women is about 5' 6'' (167 cm) and for men about 5' 10'' +/- 1'' (178 +/- 2.5 cm).

14. Apr 8, 2007 #13

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Hahahaha, same here and thank god in my country taller women are rare!.

I'm 5'11''.

15. Apr 8, 2007 #14
    I'm tall, so I would want a girl that is slightly on the taller size, but not one that is the same height as me. A girl that is 6' would be pushing it. Only once did I see a girl as tall as me while in California, it was not attractive.

16. Apr 8, 2007 #15
    So astronuc '' means inches?
    and the '?
    But I never considered myself tall, well unless comparing with a girl.

17. Apr 8, 2007 #16

Astronuc

Sorry ziad, yes '' means inches - sort of a units short hand.

5' 5" means 5 feet, 5 inches or 65 inches.

5' 10" means 5 feet, 10 inches or 70 inches.

I much prefer metric.

18. Apr 8, 2007 #17
    I'm biased, the only time I used other then metric is the 8 pounds dumbbells I got when I was 16 years old, so anything else is useless, or dumb for me.
    But the idea is, well for me I'm a science guy, and science deals with metric, I never heard of a photon wave length of 10^-9inches, or a planet with 10^6 feet radius.
    Ah, Never mind just babbling.

19. Apr 8, 2007 #18

Astronuc

I use both metric and English at work, so I have to quickly convert back and forth.

In the US nuclear industry, we have mixed unit kW/ft (linear power or linear heat generation rate), while the rest of the world uses, kW/m or W/cm.

I prefer using C or K for temperature.

And I absolutely detest BTU, BTU/ft2-hr or other similar units.

Oh, and I occasionally have to work with 'mils' (0.001 inch) or micro-inches! Arggghhh!! It should be microns or micrometers!

20. Apr 8, 2007 #19
    I wonder what is the opinion of the female.

21. Apr 8, 2007 #20

radou

Homework Helper

In general, they love tall men.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?