Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Femlab problems

1. Nov 26, 2008 #1
    Is it possible to simulate capillary effects in a channel using femlab (exclude the newest version)? I mean the new version has wetted wall boundary condition setting, which can set the wall adhesion and the contact angle between the air/liquid interface and the wall. But the older version..., how...? Is there anyone who could help me? I am almost desperated...

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2008 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about "borrowing the implementation" of the new version and inputting what they've there for example as a scalar expression? Then use it as a boundary condition.

4. Dec 12, 2008 #3
    Thank you very much for your advice, dear PerennialII. I really want to do that as you said. But the problem is that the new version is not available any more. I saved the results as m-file, but there are nothing written about the subdomain and boundary equation systems which I definitely need to input in the old version. hm.....:-(
    Thank you any way.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?