Fermat's Last Theorem, proof by Andrew Wiles

Hi,
I am just wondering where i can find a copy of Andrew Wiles' complete proof of Fermat's Last Theorem.
Thankyou

Ray

Galileo

Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Chronos

Science Advisor
Gold Member
There are two papers involved. The only online source I know of is AMS. See below for links. You will need access to a computer from an subscriber - e.g., university. Alternatively, you can try the library. Both papers appear in the Annals of Mathematics, 2nd Ser., Vol. 141, No. 3 (May, 1995) pp 443-572.

http://www.ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=96d:11071
Modular Elliptic Curves and Fermat's Last Theorem
Andrew Wiles

http://www.ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=96d:11072
Ring-Theoretic Properties of Certain Hecke Algebras
Richard Taylor, Andrew Wiles

Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem

Moderator's note:
Post #13 below has a link to Wiles's two papers. There is no need to request emailed copies from this member.

hi
i have it ( Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem). should i e-mail it to you? it's a pdf file and about 800k big.

johannes

Last edited by a moderator:
johannes,
can you please mail it to [email address deleted]

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
conjecture: anyone not knowing how to find it is going to have some difficulty understanding it.

mathwonk said:
conjecture: anyone not knowing how to find it is going to have some difficulty understanding it.
LoL! Mathwonks last theorem :)

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I have a marvellous proof of ......., agggh!

But don't write it in the margarine:

"My butter, garcon, is writ large in!"
a diner was heard to be chargin'.
"I HAD to write there,"
exclaimed waiter Pierre,
"I couldn't find room in the margarine."

Author: Everett Howe, Hendrik Lenstra, and David Moulton

copied from:
http://www.math.uic.edu/~jeremy/poetry.html [Broken]

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
is this from a tom paxton song?
"... john paul getty is just plain folks, the UN charter is a cruel hoax, how do i know?..."

Dear Johannes

Can you please mail me the Proof for Fermat' last theorem. I have been searching this in internet, but couldn find any.

My Id: [email address deleted]

Thanks in Advance.

Now I'm going to have to register just to get a .signature

k

Moderator's note:
Here is a link to Wiles's two papers. There is no need to request emailed copies.

http://math.stanford.edu/~lekheng/flt/index.html
The first links are scanned versions, the alternative versions are the same papers, but smaller files.

Thank you so much!

Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem

johannes

can you please send me the proof of Fermat's Last theorum. my id is [email address deleted].
thanks

Hi!
if you are undergraduate or even if you are PhD (as I am) and you read those paper you can become crazy, if you do not then for sure you need a big bottle of aspirines :). By the way I read them and I am alive and not enough crazy!

Then how can Analytical arguments ever prove anything?

Hi!
if you are undergraduate or even if you are PhD (as I am) and you read those paper you can become crazy, if you do not then for sure you need a big bottle of aspirines :). By the way I read them and I am alive and not enough crazy!
Beats checking all the cases of the four color theorem by hand.

gsc

Re: Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem

hi
i have it ( Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem). should i e-mail it to you? it's a pdf file and about 800k big.

johannes
Hi, Johannes - I'd be most grateful if you could email me a copy of the paper you had referred to. My email id is gs (underscore) chandy (at) yahoo (dot) com - please substitute the appropriate characters in the brackets and remove the spaces around each bracket to get my email id. Thanks and regards, gsc

Re: Modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem

hi

johannes
johannes,
can you please mail it to [email address deleted]
Dear Johannes

Can you please mail me the Proof for Fermat' last theorem. I have been searching this in internet, but couldn find any.

My Id: [email address deleted]

Thanks in Advance.
johannes

can you please send me the proof of Fermat's Last theorum. my id is [email address deleted].
thanks
Hi, Johannes - I'd be most grateful if you could email me a copy of the paper you had referred to. My email id is gs (underscore) chandy (at) yahoo (dot) com - please substitute the appropriate characters in the brackets and remove the spaces around each bracket to get my email id. Thanks and regards, gsc
Would it be possible (& legal) to upload a copy.

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper