Exploring the Dynamics of Vertices: Understanding Diversity in Shapes

In summary, the conversation involves a discussion of a mathematical equation involving a dynamic vertex and its potential implications. The concept of a dynamic vertex is explained as a vertex that bends to form the curl or angle of two lines joined to it, resulting in diversity among similar shapes. The conversation also touches on Fermat's theorem, with the conclusion that it has no relation to the equation being discussed.
Gringo22
Edit in new post. Or Bumping with the edited change.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
If I postulate there is 1 dynamic vertex in A2+B2=C2.

What would this look like mathematically, and what would this prove ?

I'm thinking the vertex explains a curl. AND if it's dynamic it explains why Fermat thought it explained exerything. Because no two curlings on this dynamic vertex are the same. For proof, you can't make a fist and have it be the same shape as it was the first time. Each time the curl of the fist is new. So if you kept making fists you would run into infinity with a new shape every time, thus proving that very point.

I have absolutely no idea what this means. I assume that you mean A2+ B2= C2 but I don't know what you mean by a "dynamic vertex" or how anything called a "vertex" or that is "dynamic" could be in an equation.

Do you even know what Fermat's (last) theorem says? It has nothing to do with A2+ B2= C2.

HallsofIvy said:
I have absolutely no idea what this means. I assume that you mean A2+ B2= C2 but I don't know what you mean by a "dynamic vertex" or how anything called a "vertex" or that is "dynamic" could be in an equation.

Do you even know what Fermat's (last) theorem says? It has nothing to do with A2+ B2= C2.

Ah. My ignorance is showing through. :eek:

I'll repeat my question.

In the Triangle A2+ B2= C2
What if one of the 3 angles is a dynamic vertex, joining two lines on the triangle.

Every time these three points are created, they are different.

This is to show a philosophical concept "Monkey see Monkey do."
The Monkey tries to plug the sea by sticking in his finger. :tongue:

and no one is any the wiser as to what a dynamic vertex is...

Every vertex joins two lines on a triangle. What is a "dynamic vertex"?

matt grime said:
and no one is any the wiser as to what a dynamic vertex is...

Ah, I see ! I'm sorry.

A dynamic vertex is a vertex that bends to form the curl/angle of the two lines joined to it. This shape shows me that when two similar shapes in real life curl/angle at a vertex they are different. So It dawned on me that this is because the vertex joining the two lines is dynamic.

That's why there's diversity. When similar shapes bend at the vertex, they bend slightly different.
The various diversities are what I'm thinking about now. :rolleyes:

1. What is Fermat's theorem question?

Fermat's theorem question, also known as Fermat's Last Theorem, is a mathematical problem proposed by French mathematician Pierre de Fermat in the 17th century. It states that no three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than 2.

2. Why is Fermat's theorem question significant?

Fermat's theorem question is significant because it remained unsolved for over 350 years and was considered one of the most challenging problems in mathematics. Its proof was finally completed in the 1990s by British mathematician Andrew Wiles, using advanced techniques that were not available during Fermat's time.

3. What are some applications of Fermat's theorem question?

Fermat's theorem question has many applications in number theory, algebra, and other areas of mathematics. It has also inspired further research and advancements in related fields, such as elliptic curves and modular forms.

4. Are there any generalizations of Fermat's theorem question?

Yes, there are several generalizations of Fermat's theorem question, including the generalization to higher dimensions and the generalization to other types of equations, such as elliptic curves.

5. Can Fermat's theorem question be solved for values of n less than 3?

Yes, Fermat's theorem question can be solved for values of n less than 3. For example, when n=2, the equation becomes the well-known Pythagorean theorem, a² + b² = c², which has infinitely many solutions.