Solving Ferromagnet Ques: Get G_q(\omega) from (hbarw-h)G_ff'(\omega)

• Thread starter Petar Mali
  • Start date
In summary, the equation for the spin dependent version of the Green's function is as follows:(\hbar\omega-h)\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)=i2S\sigma\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}+S\sigma\sum_gI(f-g)\{\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{
Petar Mali

Homework Statement

How from

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)G_{f,f'}(\omega)=i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}+\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)\{G_{f,f'}(\omega)-G_{g,f'}(\omega)\}[/tex]

get

[tex]G_{q}(\omega)=\frac{i\hbar}{2\pi}\frac{2\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle}{\hbar\omega-h-\epsilon(q)}[/tex]

where

[tex]G_{f,f'}(\omega)=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)[/tex]

[tex]\delta_{f,f'}=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}[/tex]

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I really don't have a clue what to do. [tex]h[/tex] is constant.

If I use that spin don't depands of indices

[tex]\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle=\langle\hat{S}_g^z\rangle=S\sigma[/tex]

and use

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)=i2S\sigma\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}+S\sigma\sum_gI(f-g)\{\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)-\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{g}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)\}[/tex]What now?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Petar Mali said:

Homework Statement

How from

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)G_{f,f'}(\omega)=i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}+\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)\{G_{f,f'}(\omega)-G_{g,f'}(\omega)\}[/tex]

get

[tex]G_{q}(\omega)=\frac{i\hbar}{2\pi}\frac{2\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle}{\hbar\omega-h-\epsilon(q)}[/tex]

where

[tex]G_{f,f'}(\omega)=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)[/tex]

[tex]\delta_{f,f'}=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}[/tex]

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I really don't have a clue what to do. [tex]h[/tex] is constant.

If I use that spin don't depands of indices

[tex]\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle=\langle\hat{S}_g^z\rangle=S\sigma[/tex]

and use

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)=i2S\sigma\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}+S\sigma\sum_gI(f-g)\{\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)-\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{g}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)\}[/tex]

What now?

What is the definition of I(f-g) ? We need that to make any progress.

[tex]I[/tex] is exchange interraction!

[tex]\sum_f I(f)e^{-i\vec{g}\cdot\vec{f}}=J(\vec{q})[/tex]

[tex]\sum_g I(f-g)=\sum_{\vec{\lambda}}I(\vec{\lambda})=J(0)\equiv J_0[/tex]

Any idea?

To solve this, we can start by rearranging the equation to isolate G_q(\omega) on one side:

(\hbar\omega-h)G_{f,f'}(\omega)-i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}=\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)\{G_{f,f'}(\omega)-G_{g,f'}(\omega)\}

Next, we can substitute in the expression for G_{f,f'}(\omega) from the given information:

(\hbar\omega-h)\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)-i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}=\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)\{\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)-\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{g}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)\}

Now we can rearrange and factor out the G_q(\omega) term:

G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)[(\hbar\omega-h)-i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}+\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}]=0

Since this equation must hold for all values of \vec{q}, we can set the bracketed term equal to zero:

(\hbar\omega-h)-i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}+\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}=0

Now we can rearrange this to solve for G_q(\omega):

G_{q}(\omega)=\frac{i2\langle

1. What is the significance of solving the ferromagnet equation G_q(\omega) from (hbarw-h)G_ff'(\omega)?

The ferromagnet equation G_q(\omega) from (hbarw-h)G_ff'(\omega) is important in understanding the behavior of ferromagnetic materials, which are widely used in many technological applications such as magnetic data storage and power generation. Solving this equation allows us to determine the relationship between the magnetic field and the frequency of the magnetic response, which can provide valuable insights into the properties of these materials.

2. What is the role of G_q(\omega) in the ferromagnet equation?

G_q(\omega) represents the dynamic susceptibility of the material, which describes its ability to respond to an applied magnetic field at a given frequency. This quantity is crucial in understanding the behavior of ferromagnetic materials and can be used to predict their response to different frequencies of magnetic fields.

3. How can G_q(\omega) be obtained from the ferromagnet equation?

In order to obtain G_q(\omega) from the ferromagnet equation, we need to know the values of G_ff'(\omega) and the constants hbar and h. G_ff'(\omega) can be measured experimentally, while hbar and h can be calculated based on the material's properties. Once we have these values, we can solve the equation to determine G_q(\omega).

4. What factors can affect the accuracy of obtaining G_q(\omega) from the ferromagnet equation?

The accuracy of obtaining G_q(\omega) from the ferromagnet equation can be affected by various factors such as experimental errors in measuring G_ff'(\omega), assumptions made in the calculations of hbar and h, and the complexity of the material's magnetic properties. It is important to carefully consider these factors and minimize any potential errors to obtain accurate results.

5. How can the ferromagnet equation be used in practical applications?

The ferromagnet equation, along with the dynamic susceptibility G_q(\omega), can be used in practical applications such as designing magnetic devices and materials with specific magnetic properties. By understanding the relationship between the magnetic field and the frequency of the response, we can optimize the performance of these materials for various technological applications.