Ferris Wheel Question

Homework Statement

Ferris wheel has radius of 7m and its highest point is 15.5 m off the ground. It takes 45 seconds to complete one revolution. State the domain and range.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that the domain is D:{0<=t<=45}s
But for the range I thought the range was R:{1.5<=h<=15.5} but in the answer key it says range is R:{1.5<=h<=17.5} and I'm having troubling understanding why it's 17.5? Can someone help me figure it out.

Answers and Replies

SammyS
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Homework Statement

Ferris wheel has radius of 7m and its highest point is 15.5 m off the ground. It takes 45 seconds to complete one revolution. State the domain and range.

Homework Equations

But for the range I thought the range was R:{1.5<=h<=15.5} but in the answer key it says range is R:{1.5<=h<=17.5} and I'm having troubling understanding why it's 17.5? Can someone help me figure it out.
What is the function ?

What is the function ?
That is not provided in the question, unless I have to find it?

SammyS
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
That is not provided in the question, unless I have to find it?
What is it in words ?

SammyS
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I can guess that you are referring to the domain and range of the function which relates the elevation of some point on the Farris Wheel to time. But it's just a guess on my part.

If this is the case, then you are referring to the elevation of said point as a function of time, as the Farris Wheel rotates.

Ray Vickson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Dearly Missed

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

If you stated the question correctly, then your answer is right and the answer key is wrong.

If you stated the question correctly, then your answer is right and the answer key is wrong.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks though.