1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Few Bad grades and your future

Tags:
  1. Sep 24, 2015 #1
    Hi,
    I am an italian physics student. I know that this is a recurrent topic but I want some specific advice.
    This year I am completing my third year of university to get my bachelor degree. Then I have to get my master. In these three years I got a lot of very good-top grade, and 2 average-bad grades(maybe is a C or C+ in your system).
    For now I am also in what here in Italy we call school of excellence, but maybe I going to go out for my last bad grade(because on of the rules of this school is no bad grades). But this doesn't matter now.
    I have two years of university but counting for the phd applications say one and a half. I want to be got in one of the top 20 university in phd. In the case to make it in US I am quite sure to get a very good score in pgre(>900). But I red that also people with max grades in all sometimes are not accepted.
    I want to start research with some professor and I am going to study a lot this year. For now I did cosmology. What I say, it was good but I don't really enjoyed. I thought that there is more math. Maybe is because I am at the beginning. Maybe I have to try something else, but this would be a 'lose' of time for phd application.

Is there still any possibility for me to get in a top school working very very hard?

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2015 #2
    What courses were the poor grades in?

4. Sep 24, 2015 #3
    Sperimental Physics 3 and Nuclear Physics and Geometry.

For now I want maybe to be a theoretical physicist in cosmology.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook