Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Feynman diagram

1. Oct 8, 2005 #1

I have to draw a Feynman diagram for the following reaction:

[tex] K^{*+} \rightarrow K^0 + \pi^+ [/tex]

The [tex]K^{*+}[/tex]-meson is composed of an u and an anti-s quark, the [tex]K^0[/tex]-meson is composed of a d and an anti-s quark, and the [tex]\pi^+[/tex]-meson is composed of an u and an anti-d quark. I have drawn something like the following:

(EDIT: I have attached a picture of my diagram drawn in some demo-program instead, since I couldn't do it properly in text mode. The curly line represents a gluon creating a quark-antiquark pair. I have no experience drawing these things, so any feedback is very welcome :smile:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Here's something i did in "Paint". It looks very much like the diagrams you find in Griffiths' text on Elementary Particles.

I hope it's not a weak decay. I assumed the gluon was virtual ([itex] K^{*+} [/itex] is a bound state, so there should be plenty of virtual gluons), so that's how two real quarks came out (one being the antiparticle of the other).

P.S. The arrow on the outgoing antiquark should be reversed and time "flies" from left to right.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?