Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Feynman lectures

1. Mar 16, 2007 #1
    Does anyone know where to download the Feynman lectures at?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2007 #2
  4. Mar 16, 2007 #3
    The F lectures are really a bargain at ~100 bucks for the complete hardcover set. I suggest downloading them from a shelf at your nearest university bookshop.
  5. Mar 18, 2007 #4
    I just find it funny that the nearest university bookshop at which I could pick up the Feynman lectures is at least 2000 miles away:biggrin:

i.e. the OP could always try www.amazon.com
  6. Mar 18, 2007 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Ok, I'll bite.

Where the heck are you located? In an island in the middle of the Pacific? In a research outpost in Antarctica? :confused:
  7. Mar 18, 2007 #6
    I'm in Hawaii!

I think it is good for people to keep a perspective on geographical barriers to learning, despite the advances of the modern age. Just 10 years ago it would have been next to impossible for me to obtain that series of feynman lectures in any form.
  8. Mar 18, 2007 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

9. Mar 18, 2007 #8
    Talking about distances, in China you can buy the 3 volumes, legally, for pennies on the dollar.

I was amazed by the untranslated science books that are available. Big publishers, like Springer, Addison Wesley, Cambridge etc, have special licenses for their books for sale in mainland China. For instance the Springer Graduate Texts in Mathematics series goes for about $6 a piece.

Needless to say it is not legal to sell those books ouside mainland China, but it is perfectly legal to posess such a copy.
  10. Mar 18, 2007 #9
    Oh, very good Robphy. I am not on that particular island, and I had to make the assumption that they did not have it based on my attempt to request it as a freshman years ago.

Times change fast when you are in some ways 20 years behind the U.S. mainland:smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?