Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Feynman on PBS/BBC special

1. May 18, 2006 #1
    does anyone know where i can get a copy of this? i saw it a few years ago but didnt think to record it.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2006 #2
  4. May 18, 2006 #3
    is this the one with his artist friend (i forget his name) and they teach eachother their vocations?

5. May 18, 2006 #4
    I think there is a short (a minute or two) interview with his artist friend. That friend also mentions about their trip to CERN.

6. May 18, 2006 #5
    That still sounds good, but i dont think thats what i saw. i dont remember anything about CERN. His children were also on the show and i think some waitress from the bar where he used to draw on the paper placemats.

7. May 18, 2006 #6
    Yes, that's the one. (About CERN) It's just an incident that the friend mentions. I think Chrisopher Sykes production made only one show on Feynman and that was the Horizons one. If you'd like confirmation, check out these clips (this is from the show I'm referring to).
    http://heelspurs.com/feynman.html

8. May 18, 2006 #7
    Thanks a lot

9. May 18, 2006 #8
    Apparently, I was wrong about that one. May be you watched this...

THE QUEST FOR TANNU TUVA
    (aka THE LAST JOURNEY OF A GENIUS on PBS)
    RICHARD FEYNMAN, theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate and explorer, and his friend and drumming partner RALPH LEIGHTON tell the extraordinary story of their love-affair with a strange and distant land in the centre of Asia
    BBC2 HORIZON Special/WGBH NOVA /45 mins

Scroll down the page in the link that I gave earlier.

10. May 18, 2006 #9
    i knew i remembered somethine about Ulaanbattaar (sp?)....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?