1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Feynman Original Work.

1. Dec 29, 2012 #1
    There is a lot books written by Richard P Feynman. but Which one deals with his original work.
    I want to read that.If you have already read that then give some description also. Recently I read Maxwell Treatise on E&M. Book is Great but not readable for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2012 #2
    There's a book called "Quantum Electrodynamics" by Feynman which contains some of his lectures and papers on QED, arranged into an overview of the subject. I haven't read it myself, but I know it's a graduate level textbook. If you haven't encountered quantum field theory, it would probably better to read a more complete modern introduction—such as the one by Peskin & Schroeder—before tackling Feynman's notes.

4. Dec 29, 2012 #3
    Feynman wrote a lot of stuff, but the 'Feynman Lectures on Physics' are his most famous (I think). Its' pretty good. It is an undergraduate text (his caltech physics course lecture notes I think) focusing on basic physics of radiation, E&M, quantum mechanics.
    There is also 'selected papers of Richard Feynman, with commentary' for the more advanced reader, but I haven't read it personally.

5. Dec 29, 2012 #4
    The Feynman Lectures on Physics is a comprehensive overview of standard undergraduate curriculum. It is not based on Feynman's own original research, which is what the OP is requesting.

6. Dec 29, 2012 #5
    Thanks for Reply.I found these.
    1.Quantum Electrodynamics
    2.QED:Strange Theory of Light and Matter.
    3.Selected Papers of Richard Feynman (with commentry).Edited by Lawrei Brown.

7. Dec 29, 2012 #6
  8. Dec 29, 2012 #7
    I've never checked but I assume many of his papers have been put online?

9. Dec 29, 2012 #8

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Also his notes on a course he gave at caltech on quantum gravity found their way to book form.

10. Dec 29, 2012 #9

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook