Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered)

In summary, the conversation is about finding Feynman rules for scalar QCD, specifically color-ordered rules. Cheng and Li's book may have the rules in one of its appendices, but the color-ordered rules can also be reconstructed by following the instructions in Srednicki's book. However, the latter book is not available in the university's library.
earth2
Hey guys,

does any of you know where I could find the Feynman rules for scalar QCD? If they where colour ordered, even better!

Cheers,
earth2

Physics news on Phys.org
I thiiiiiiink Cheng and Li has the (not color-ordered) rules in one of their appendices, but I don't have my copy here to doublecheck. The way to get the color-ordered rules was described in Srednicki's book pretty well, so I imagine you could reconstruct the scalar QCD color-ordered rules pretty quickly after reading those few pages.

Thanks for the reply. I tried finding that book but it seems to be absent from our uni's library... :)

1. What are the Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered)?

The Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered) are a set of mathematical rules used in quantum field theory to calculate the probability of particle interactions involving scalar quarks and gluons. These rules were developed by physicist Richard Feynman to simplify the calculation process and provide a visual representation of particle interactions.

2. How are the Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered) used in calculations?

The Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered) are used to calculate the probability amplitudes of particle interactions. This involves assigning values and symbols to particles, their momenta, and interaction vertices, and then using these rules to calculate the final outcome of the interaction.

3. What is meant by "colour ordered" in the Feynman rules of scalar QCD?

In quantum chromodynamics (QCD), the theory of strong interactions, particles called quarks have a property called "colour" which is analogous to electric charge. In the Feynman rules of scalar QCD, the interactions between particles are ordered according to their colour charges, allowing for a simpler calculation process.

4. Are the Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered) applicable to all particle interactions?

No, the Feynman rules of scalar QCD (colour ordered) are specifically designed to calculate the interactions of scalar quarks and gluons in the theory of strong interactions. They are not applicable to other types of particle interactions, such as electromagnetic or weak interactions.

5. Why are the Feynman rules important in quantum field theory?

The Feynman rules provide a systematic and visual approach to calculating the probability of particle interactions in quantum field theory. They have greatly simplified the calculation process and allowed for more accurate predictions of experimental results. Additionally, they have helped to develop a deeper understanding of the underlying principles of particle interactions.