Listen to Richard Feynman's Lost Lecture on the Solar System

In summary, Richard Feynman's lecture about the solar system is available on a website and comes with a CD and book set. The file size is 17.4 MB and the page may take some time to load. Feynman's speaking style is entertaining and easy to follow, but he also answers questions in a more serious manner.
kishtik
Would you like to listen a lesson from Richard Feynman?

OK OK. Click the link to listen a lesson about solar system.

At the destination page click the link at the bottom.( 17.4 MB)
Don't worry about the file size - it's screaming.

Enjoy!:wink:

http://kitap.tubitak.gov.tr/k177.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
the page doesn't load

JMD

Well, I certainly don't want to listen to Feynman screaming!

Originally posted by nbo10
the page doesn't load

It loads.:smile:

This comes as a CD and book in
a set. I just checked it out of
the library. Feynman talks like
Jackie Mason. I wasn't expecting
that.
There's a long, interesting
sequence after the lecture is
over when a couple/three guys
come up and start asking quest-
ions. Feynman seems to have
forgotten he's still got his mike
on. Interesting to hear him in
this informal setting.

Feynman's voice is at once both entertaining and serious. Some of his lectures are so profoundly easy to follow that I occassionally find myself repeating some of his sentences in my head -- and they're in his New York accent.

- Warren

What is Richard Feynman's Lost Lecture on the Solar System?

Richard Feynman's Lost Lecture on the Solar System is a lecture given by the renowned physicist Richard Feynman in 1964 at Cornell University. The lecture was thought to be lost until it was rediscovered and published in 1996.

Why is this lecture significant?

This lecture is significant because it provides insight into Feynman's thoughts and ideas about the solar system, a topic that he did not often discuss in his lectures and writings. It also showcases his unique teaching style and ability to explain complex concepts in a simple and engaging manner.

What topics are covered in this lecture?

The lecture covers various topics related to the solar system, such as the composition and formation of the planets, the origin of the moon, and the possibility of life on other planets. Feynman also discusses the role of gravity and the laws of physics in understanding the solar system.

Is the lecture accessible to non-scientists?

Yes, the lecture is accessible to non-scientists as it is presented in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Feynman uses simple analogies and visual aids to explain complex scientific concepts, making it an enjoyable and informative experience for all listeners.

Can I listen to the lecture online?

Yes, the lecture is available to listen to online on various platforms, such as YouTube and SoundCloud. It is also available in written form in the book "Six Easy Pieces: Essentials of Physics Explained by Its Most Brilliant Teacher" by Richard Feynman.