Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FeynMF Help

1. May 11, 2006 #1
    Hi I'm getting used to the FeynMF package used to draw Feynman Diagrams in LaTeX, and the hard work of learning to use the package has paid off.

However, there are a couple issues that I'm having with the package.

1. Labels don't appear even when I use the \fmflabel command or the l=blah option in the \fmf{fermion, l=$q$}{i1,v1,o2} command inside the fmfgraph* environment. I know that to force the previewer to update a diagram, I must delete the .pk file associated with the diagram. But the labels don't show up, even though the rest of the diagram refreshes after the procedure.

2. How do I get miniature arrows beside the external legs and propagators to indicate direction of momentum? The arrows in the diagrams indicate flow of charge, and I want to be able to make this distinction. Note that this was done in Peskin and Shroder's Introduction to Quantum Field Theory, so it's not impossible. :smile:

Any suggetions would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2006 #2
    Also, I've noticed that if I include the feynmp package instead of the feynmf package, all diagrams vanish. Why is that happening?

It's a little frustrating :mad: .
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?