Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Field Notes About English Animal Mutilations: Linda Moulton Howe

1. Aug 4, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2014 #2
    The link you provide is for Earthfiles subscribers only. Inasmuch as this is currently (11 Nov. 2014) the only thread on Physics Forums pertaining to animal mutilations which has not yet been locked down, I hope it would not be inappropriate for me to comment about these phenomena in general.

If nothing else, this mystery, and the reaction or lack thereof by the scientific community at large, IMO says a lot about human nature. None of the explanations given seem particularly credible. Yet so many choose one and decide to go no further. I realize that a "woowoo" explanation is not appropriate here, and I concede there is virtually no direct evidence for such an explanation anyway. My intended point is, this is a real mystery. Isn't scientific discovery all about solving real mysteries? Why is Linda Moulton Howe nearly the only person who even appears to pursue this topic?
  4. Nov 14, 2014 #3

Staff: Mentor

Please note that the original post is 11 years old, and it was made when PF was very young.
  5. Nov 16, 2014 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Showing your age Astro ... :D
  6. Nov 16, 2014 #5

Staff: Mentor

Since most kids start learning to read at age 6, the fact that Asto has been here for at least 11 years means, logically, that he must be at least 17.
  7. Nov 16, 2014 #6
    Astro made no claim to remembering the post from when it was first posted. It is only necessary for him to be able to read to know the posting date. Therefore, his knowing the posting date says nothing about when he joined. As you say, he can read, so that says something, but he might have learned this precociously. He might actually be as young as 3.
  8. Nov 16, 2014 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The next step beyond necroposting is paleoposting?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted