Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Filter pump and venturi metre

  1. Nov 12, 2006 #1
    hello every one :smile: i dont know if this is really the correct place for posting this question but here it goes!:wink: Can somebody tell me how the venturi metre and the filter pump work?

    thanx in advance! :blushing:
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2006 #2


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    Welcome to PF, Cruiser. I can't speak for the others, but I personally would need a lot more information in the question. To start with, do you mean a venturi meter? The term metre refers to a unit of linear measurement. If so, would this be a vacuum gauge?
    And the term 'filter pump' means nothing to me. Clarification is needed (by me, but others might know what you're asking about already). To me, a pump and a filter are separate entities.
  4. Nov 14, 2006 #3
    Is this a pressure meter, or a flow meter?? mass flow meters use a pressure differential to measure flow rate, and using bernoulli's eq you can easily determine the flow rate. essentially a pressure gage and a flow gage measure the same parameter (pressure), but the flow reading is an indirect measurement.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook