1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Final graduation yr research project

1. Jul 2, 2005 #1
    HEY COULD NEONE OF U PLS ADVISE ME ANY TOPIC WHICH I CAN UNDERTAKE FOR A PROJECT WRK... BEING IN final YR PHYSICS honours I GOTTA MAKE ONE & ACTUALLY I WANT IT TO ADD SOME WEIGHT TO MY RESUME IN THE END OF THE YR SO AS TO APPLY TO UNIVERSITIES FOR PST GRAD.... PLS HEEELLLP... :shy:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2005 #2
    Don't bother applying. :p

PL

4. Jul 3, 2005 #3
    n y i may ask???

5. Jul 3, 2005 #4
    Not to sound elitist or anything, but you come across as being very naive the way you write, you might considder writing in normal english insted of abbreviated IRC speak. I seriously have a hard time imagining anyone else other then elementry school kids being behind the keyboard when i read something in that style. Sorry if i came off as a prick in this post, just some advice.

6. Jul 3, 2005 #5

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Also, by the way, the fact that your initial post was all in caps was mildly annoying.

Do you have some teacher, or class, in your major that you particularly enjoyed? We don't know your interests, we don't know what kinds of "graduate research projects" are expected at your school. The best thing you can do is go to your favorite teacher (or the person who taught your favorite class) and ask for advice. If you are home from school but want to get started this summer, e-mail him/her.

7. Jul 3, 2005 #6
    To add to the last post. Each school will have certain specialties and lab facilities where you will do your work. Even if someone here gave you an idea, (which by the way is pretty sad considering you are finnishing honours and don't have a research goal) but even if they gave you an idea it is something that could be hard or impossible to do with the equiptment availible to you.

8. Jul 4, 2005 #7
    hi there... please accept my apologies for the loud uppercases... actually i had amorphous semiconductors and high temperature superconductors in mind.... but just wanted to have an idea of the usual kind of projects people make...

9. Jul 4, 2005 #8
    IRC speak haha and I thought l337 speak was bad...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?