Final graduation yr research project

In summary, he wants to do a graduate research project that will add weight to his resume so he can apply to universities.
arimits
HEY COULD NEONE OF U PLS ADVISE ME ANY TOPIC WHICH I CAN UNDERTAKE FOR A PROJECT WRK... BEING IN final YR PHYSICS honours I GOTTA MAKE ONE & ACTUALLY I WANT IT TO ADD SOME WEIGHT TO MY RESUME IN THE END OF THE YR SO AS TO APPLY TO UNIVERSITIES FOR PST GRAD... PLS HEEELLLP... :shy:

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't bother applying. :p

PL

n y i may ask?

Not to sound elitist or anything, but you come across as being very naive the way you write, you might considder writing in normal english insted of abbreviated IRC speak. I seriously have a hard time imagining anyone else other then elementry school kids being behind the keyboard when i read something in that style. Sorry if i came off as a prick in this post, just some advice.

Also, by the way, the fact that your initial post was all in caps was mildly annoying.

Do you have some teacher, or class, in your major that you particularly enjoyed? We don't know your interests, we don't know what kinds of "graduate research projects" are expected at your school. The best thing you can do is go to your favorite teacher (or the person who taught your favorite class) and ask for advice. If you are home from school but want to get started this summer, e-mail him/her.

To add to the last post. Each school will have certain specialties and lab facilities where you will do your work. Even if someone here gave you an idea, (which by the way is pretty sad considering you are finnishing honours and don't have a research goal) but even if they gave you an idea it is something that could be hard or impossible to do with the equiptment availible to you.

hi there... please accept my apologies for the loud uppercases... actually i had amorphous semiconductors and high temperature superconductors in mind... but just wanted to have an idea of the usual kind of projects people make...

IRC speak haha and I thought l337 speak was bad...

1. What is a final graduation year research project?

A final graduation year research project, also known as a senior thesis or capstone project, is a significant academic project that is completed during the last year of a student's undergraduate or graduate program. It is usually a culmination of the student's academic experience and involves conducting original research or a creative project in their chosen field of study.

2. How long does a final graduation year research project typically take to complete?

The duration of a final graduation year research project can vary depending on the institution and the specific requirements of the program. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few months to a year to complete, with some programs allowing students to work on their project over the course of multiple semesters.

3. What is the purpose of a final graduation year research project?

The main purpose of a final graduation year research project is to provide students with an opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills they have gained throughout their academic program to a real-world problem or question in their field of study. It also allows students to demonstrate their ability to conduct independent research and communicate their findings effectively.

4. Do all students have to complete a final graduation year research project?

Not all academic programs require students to complete a final graduation year research project. Some programs may offer alternative options such as a comprehensive exam or a coursework-based capstone project. It is important for students to check with their academic advisor or program requirements to determine if a final graduation year research project is mandatory.

5. How can I choose a topic for my final graduation year research project?

Choosing a topic for a final graduation year research project can be a daunting task. It is important to select a topic that aligns with your interests and skills, but also has enough research potential to be feasible. It is also helpful to consult with your academic advisor or faculty members for guidance and suggestions. Additionally, you can look for inspiration from current research trends or issues in your field of study.