Calculating Physics Course Grade: Need Help!

In summary, to calculate your physics course grade, you will need to know your grades for each assignment, exam, and participation, and assign each category a percentage weight. If you have missing grades, you can estimate them or talk to your instructor to complete the missing work. The use of extra credit to improve your grade depends on your instructor's policies. To track your progress towards a certain grade, you can use your current grades and weightage of remaining assignments. If you are not satisfied with your grade, you can talk to your instructor for opportunities to improve or seek guidance from your academic advisor.
Brittykitty
I just have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I just finished a physics course where the final exam weighs at 40% of my final mark while the assignments weight at 60% which =100% total

For my assignments I got a terrible 843.99 out of 1,408. I'm not quite sure what I got on the final exam. So what I'm trying to ask is the 843.99 out of 1,408 would equal what percentage out of the possible 60% needed ?

Thank you :)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
60*843.99/1408=35.97%

Thank you so much :)

1. How do I calculate my physics course grade?

To calculate your physics course grade, you will need to know your grades for each assignment, exam, and participation. Assign each category a percentage weight, add up all the points earned, and divide by the total possible points. This will give you your overall grade percentage.

2. What if I have missing grades?

If you have missing grades, you can estimate them based on your performance in similar assignments or exams. If you are unable to estimate, you can talk to your instructor and try to complete the missing work.

3. Can I use extra credit to improve my grade?

It depends on your instructor's policies. Some may allow extra credit assignments to be added to your overall grade, while others may only use it as a bonus towards individual assignments. Check with your instructor for clarification.

4. How do I know if I am on track to get a certain grade?

You can use your current grades and the weightage of remaining assignments to estimate your grade. You can also use online grade calculators to see what your final grade might be. Keep in mind that these are just estimates and your actual grade may vary.

5. What can I do if I am not satisfied with my grade?

If you are not satisfied with your grade, you can talk to your instructor to see if there is any opportunity for extra credit or if you can redo any assignments. You can also review your work and ask for feedback to see where you can improve. If you still have concerns, you can talk to your academic advisor for further guidance.