FINAL VOTE Photo Contest - Cloud Nine

In summary, the conversation revolved around a photography contest with the theme of clouds. Participants submitted their photos and everyone had one vote to cast. The competition was tough with many great submissions, but in the end, hypatia's photo was chosen as the winner. There were also discussions about the other photos and the final vote count. The conversation ended with congratulations to the winner and appreciation to all participants.

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Cloud Nine

• hypatia

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Alex:)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Andre

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Borek

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Air

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • larkspur

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be a very difficult final round. You have one vote to cast on the picture that best represents our theme - clouds!

1. hypatia
sky.jpg

2. Alex:)
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5396/mousilaukecloudug1.jpg

3. Andre
messstetten-clouds.png

4. Borek
clouds.jpg

5. Air
WatchingFromAbove.jpg

6. larkspur
2712569372_220034ef8b.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=246948"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
*sigh* These are all great.

can I split the vote equally? :D

It was a tough choice but I went for hypatia. The color and shapes of her clouds were the deciding factor.

I went with hypatia on this one. That photo was just striking with the colors.

You have less than 2 days left to vote in this contest.

Zz.

With slightly more than a day left in the voting for this contest, it has gotten VERY close between hypatia and Alex:). Who will win this in the end? Every vote counts!

Zz.

A few hours to go and Alex:) is pulling away! Will this be a come-from-behind victory just like the US swimming relay team? :)

Zz.

Whooah... that was tough, unbelievable! Thank you everyone - everyone who participated and made it so tough and so rewarding, thank you those who voted and I'm pleased to have made a shot you liked! Thank you ZapperZ for organizing this as well!

Congratulations hypatia and larkspur! I can't really believe my picture is there on place N1 - seems so unfair - all of them are great!

What is the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Cloud Nine"?

The "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Cloud Nine" is a photography contest hosted by the PF (Photo Forum) community. It focuses on capturing the beauty and wonder of clouds in various settings.

Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is a member of the PF community. This includes both amateur and professional photographers. However, employees and affiliates of PF are not eligible to participate.

How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To participate, you can submit your photo through the designated "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Cloud Nine" thread on the PF forum. Make sure to follow the submission guidelines and include the required information for your entry to be considered.

What are the criteria for judging the photos?

The photos will be judged based on creativity, technical skill, and adherence to the theme of "cloud nine". The judges will also consider the overall composition, lighting, and visual impact of the photo.

What are the prizes for the contest?

The winner of the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Cloud Nine" will receive a cash prize and their winning photo will be featured on the PF community's website and social media platforms. There may also be additional prizes announced by the organizers.