Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finally, a soft drink for REAL men!

1. May 1, 2012 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2in7zkqKwnCnqEZNRz0IqkJN4JQeHGIsYT3CrPkUKh5QVArSDiQ.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2011-10-10/dr-pepper-for-men/50717788/1

As soon as I can quit dragging my knuckles on the ground, I'm going to run out and buy some of this!

Now if they could just make eggs a little less feminine

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2012 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I couldn't believe that they were still doing this since it has been out a few months already. Coming from an international corporation, it seems quite.... risky?

4. May 1, 2012 #3
    Get Highball T!

5. May 1, 2012 #4

Ben Niehoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I shy away from diet drinks because I don't know what carcenogenic chemicals they've used in place of sugar.

But hell, I also shy away from non-diet drinks because they taste disgusting. I guess Pepsi can't win with me.

I drink only four things: water, hot chocolate (home made with whole milk), beer, and liquor.

6. May 2, 2012 #5
    A common mistaken assumption in most societies is that people tend to believe that alcoholic drinks would increase testosterone level or masculine behaviors and fail to even identify who is actually who until they find a cross-ness in male chromosomes far outgrowing the Y thing. I like men who drink milk. I take 2 glasses a day and 1 cup of 3-in-1 coffee bag after each meal. I don't have cokes after lunch, only sometimes at midnight when I work late.

7. May 2, 2012 #6

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

If this thread becomes a thread of what we, as men drink. Then I drink juices mainly apple cider, grape fruit, orange juice and lemmonade, root bear and plain water.

I used to drink Coke quite a lot as a teenager and also Nestea ice tea, but I abandoned them, cause they have too much sugar and caffeine for me.

8. May 2, 2012 #7
    I mostly drink water. Sometimes a little spirit. I don't like anything else.

9. May 2, 2012 #8

chiro

Science Advisor

I drink water: guess I'm not hardcore. Are you hardcore?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  10. May 2, 2012 #9

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I order the queen size steak at my restraunt. The jack is too small and the King is twice as expensive for not twice the meat. Clever marketing...

11. May 2, 2012 #10
    How about a soft drink for adults. Half the sugar, no artificial sweetener, no cloyingly sweet taste.

12. May 2, 2012 #11
    Iced Tea (unsweetened) and Beer come to mind which fit these qualifications - depending on the social situation, of course.

13. May 2, 2012 #12
    It's still Dr. Pepper. :yuck:
    Get me gin and tonic in a can and we'll talk.

14. May 2, 2012 #13
    Not soft enough.

15. May 2, 2012 #14
    Water most of the time, unless it's at abar or at home after a great meal. Then it's the McAllan's, Lagavullin, Aberfeldy or Bailey's. Not much of anything else.

16. May 2, 2012 #15

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is it just me, or does the can design actually seem kind of feminine?

17. May 2, 2012 #16

drizzle

Gold Member

Cause it's for guys. :biggrin:

18. May 2, 2012 #17

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

But what if the men are complex??? :confused:

19. May 2, 2012 #18

rhody

Gold Member

It's all about one thing, attention, the buzz. Maybe it will work, backfire, or a little bit of both. I don't care because I gave up carbonated soda years ago. I view it as a sign of either boredom (someone in PR wants to stir up some trouble, or appear edgy, edgy is cool, right ?) or desperation in hopes of attracting new followers to Dr Pepper.

Rhody...

20. May 2, 2012 #19
    Gin and Tonic is sold in cans here in the UK, I'd provide a link but I'm not sure if that is allowed. Some of them are actually drinkable as well. :smile:

21. May 2, 2012 #20

drizzle

Gold Member

I believe their imaginary part will function very well. :p

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook