What causes duplicate pages when viewing a list of user's threads on a forum?

• Thread starter one_raven
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is explaining their sporadic online presence and how they like to check on the status of threads they have posted on. They mention a bug where page 2 and beyond of their thread list is a duplicate of page 1. The speaker is wondering if this is a known issue and if there will be a software update to fix it. Another person mentions that there will be a software update at the end of the week to fix this bug. The speaker plans to wait a few days after the release to ensure there are no major flaws before using the new version. They also ask about the changes that will be included in the update.
one_raven
I am on here sporadically.
I am generally only online when I am at work, and I only work 3 - 4 days a week.
Since this forum has so much activity, threads often get buried fairly quickly.
I often like to go back and view a list of threads I posted on to chack the status and see what I might have missed.

When I view a list of my threads (linked from my profile) I see pages of posts.
The first page is correct, then I click on page 2.
Page 2 loads, but all it is, is a duplicate of page 1.
Same thing with page 3, 4 ...

Is this a bug that the admins are aware about?
Is it not a bug and only my profile (it happens form all my computers) has this affliction?

I tried viewing all of someone else's threads, and got the same result.

Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
It is a known bug.

Greg has said that there will soon be a fairly major software update which (among other things) fixes this problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The software production team has promised a release of the new version at the end of this week. I'll prolly wait a few days after that just to make sure there isn't a huge flaw. So expect the new version early next week.

Thanks for the response.

Just out of curocity. what changes are coming?
Or do we just ahve to wait and see?

1. How do I use the "Find all thread by this user" feature?

To use this feature, simply click on the username of the user whose threads you want to find. This will take you to their profile page. Then, click on the "Find all thread by this user" button located below their profile picture. This will show you a list of all the threads started by that user.

2. Can I use this feature to find threads from a specific time period?

No, this feature only allows you to find threads from a specific user. If you want to find threads from a specific time period, you can use the search function and filter the results by date.

3. How accurate is the "Find all thread by this user" feature?

This feature is very accurate as it only shows threads started by the specific user you have selected. However, it may not show threads that the user has commented on or been tagged in by other users.

4. Is there a limit to the number of threads that can be found using this feature?

There is no specific limit to the number of threads that can be found using this feature. However, if the selected user has started a large number of threads, it may take some time for all of them to load.

5. Can I use this feature to find threads from users I am not following?

Yes, you can use this feature to find threads from any user on the platform, even if you are not following them. As long as you know the username of the user, you can use this feature to find their threads.