Calculating Force Needed to Move a System of Bodies at 30 ft/s

In summary, the speaker is asking for help in finding the necessary force to give a system of bodies a velocity of 30 ft/s after moving 20 ft from rest. They have found EFx and EFy for a 50lb force but cannot see the attached diagram. Another person suggests using the fact that the work done by the unknown force equals the change in kinetic energy, but the original speaker is unsure until they see the diagram. The second speaker is having trouble viewing the diagram and thanks the first speaker for their help. They then ask for someone else to help them with the problem.
the_d
My problem is to find the force needed to give the system of bodies a velocity of 30 ft/s after moving 20 ft. from rest.

Can anyone help me with this? All i have done is found EFx and EFy for the 50lb. force.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 470
Physics news on Phys.org
Can't see the attachment though, but try to use the fact that the work done by that unknown force equals the change of kinetic energy. I hope this helps.

so the work equals 0.2? r u sure

the_d said:
so the work equals 0.2? r u sure

No, I'm not sure until I see the diagram. :smile:

this is thr diagram

Attachments

• p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 347
the_d said:
this is thr diagram

I can't see it again - perhaps there's a problem with my computer, so someone other will be able to reply.

ok. thankx for you help thou

can someone help me with this problem

1. What is the formula for calculating force needed to move a system of bodies at 30 ft/s?

The formula for calculating force needed to move a system of bodies at 30 ft/s is Force = Mass x Acceleration. In this case, acceleration can be calculated by dividing the velocity (30 ft/s) by the time it takes for the system to move (usually in seconds).

2. How do I determine the mass of the system of bodies?

The mass of the system of bodies can be determined by adding up the individual masses of each body in the system. This can be done by using a scale or by looking up the mass of each body in a reference table.

3. What units should I use for the calculation?

The units for the calculation should be consistent. This means that the mass should be in kilograms (kg) and the acceleration should be in meters per second squared (m/s²). This will result in the force being measured in Newtons (N).

4. Can this formula be used for systems of bodies moving at different speeds?

Yes, this formula can be used for systems of bodies moving at different speeds. The velocity (v) in the formula can be changed to match the velocity of the system in question, as long as the units are consistent.

5. Are there any other factors that should be considered when using this formula?

Yes, there are other factors that should be considered when using this formula. Friction, air resistance, and other external forces can affect the calculation of force needed to move a system of bodies. These factors should be taken into account and adjusted for in the calculation if possible.