Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find the Forces for a grounded spring for which mass is hanged from the upper end

1. Sep 4, 2011 #1
    Dear experts,

This is regarding the Spring forces.

A Spring with spring constant 'k' is grounded on the lower end. A weight of 'm1' grams is hanged down from its upper end towards down using a thread lenght L.

(Q1) Here I would like to know the formula to calculate force acting down toward, due to the hanging weigh.

And at this moment a freely falling body of mass 'm2' is falling on the spring from height H with the help of guiders (to make sure it falls ont the spring).

(Q2) Here I would like to know the formula to calculate the corce acting on the mass 'm2' which will be oppsite to gravity

I am a non mechinical guys, for give me incase of any mistakes :)

Thanks in advance!!

Electron

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2011 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi PtrElectron! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Start by telling us what formulas you know about springs (including energy).

(on this forum, you have to do the work! :wink:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook