How do I find the complete solution for x'=(2, 3, -1, -2)x+(e^t, t)?

In summary, the general solution for x'=(2, 3, -1, -2)x+(e^t, t) is c1*(1, 1)e^t+c2*(1, 3)e^-t, but the method for obtaining the other part is not provided. It is suggested to use LaTeX to properly format the matrix. This question may be better suited for the homework section.
Success
Find the general solution of x'=(2, 3, -1, -2)x+(e^t, t). (this is 2x2 matrix, 2 and 3 on the left, -1 and -2 on the right. and e^t on top, t on bottom. I know that the answer for 2x2 matrix is c1*(1, 1)e^t+c2*(1, 3)e^-t but I don't know how to get the other part.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Success said:
Find the general solution of x'=(2, 3, -1, -2)x+(e^t, t). (this is 2x2 matrix, 2 and 3 on the left, -1 and -2 on the right. and e^t on top, t on bottom. I know that the answer for 2x2 matrix is c1*(1, 1)e^t+c2*(1, 3)e^-t but I don't know how to get the other part.)
Your question is unclear. Please use LaTeX. The sample command for a matrix might be ##\text{\begin{bmatrix} \alpha & \beta \\ \gamma & \delta\end{bmatrix}}##, which gives ##\begin{bmatrix} \alpha & \beta \\ \gamma & \delta\end{bmatrix}##.

Also, this probably should be moved to the homework section.

1. What is a general solution?

A general solution is a solution that satisfies all possible values of the variables in a given equation or system of equations. It is not a specific solution, but rather a set of solutions that can be obtained by manipulating the given equation(s).

2. How do you find the general solution?

To find the general solution, you need to first identify the given equation or system of equations. Then, you can use various mathematical techniques, such as substitution, elimination, or graphing, to manipulate the equation(s) and find a set of solutions that satisfy all possible values.

3. Can there be more than one general solution?

Yes, there can be more than one general solution. In fact, most equations and systems of equations have an infinite number of solutions. This means that there are many different sets of values for the variables that satisfy the given equation(s).

4. What is the difference between a general solution and a particular solution?

A general solution is a set of solutions that satisfies all possible values of the variables in a given equation or system of equations. A particular solution, on the other hand, is a specific set of values for the variables that satisfies the equation(s). In other words, a particular solution is a subset of the general solution.

5. Can the general solution be expressed in different forms?

Yes, the general solution can be expressed in different forms. Depending on the type of equation or system of equations, the general solution may be written as an algebraic expression, a set of equations, or a graph. It is important to understand the different forms in which a general solution can be expressed in order to fully understand the solution.