Find Max Hello - Get the Best Results!

• Thread starter Kamo123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maximum
In summary, the point (1/4,1) is the global minimum in the plane ##\mathbb{R}^2##; it is the overall minimum in your constrained problem.
Kamo123
Member warned about posting without the homework template
Hello

This is what I have attempted so far. But now I'm at utter loss at how to calculate the rest Can you help? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• KK.png
    KK.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 373
Physics news on Phys.org
Kamo123 said:
Hello

This is what I have attempted so far. But now I'm at utter loss at how to calculate the rest Can you help? Thanks in advance.
Your function is defined on a closed, bounded region. Check the four boundaries for the maximum value.

Mark44 said:
Your function is defined on a closed, bounded region. Check the four boundaries for the maximum value.
What does that mean? Could you explain more explicitly?

Kamo123 said:
What does that mean? Could you explain more explicitly?
Your function is defined on the square [0, 2] X [0, 2]. Along each of the four sides of this square your function simplifies to a single-variable function. For example, on the lower edge of the square, y = 0 and x varies from 0 to 2. So f(x, y) = f(x, 0). This is a function of x alone. Any maximum value will occur where the derivative is zero or at an endpoint of this edge.

Do something similar for each of the four edges.

Kamo123 said:
Hello

You say that (1/4,1) is a local minimum. It is a lot more than that: it is the global minimum in the entire plane ##\mathbb{R}^2##; and because the point (1/4,1) is feasible (satisfies all the constraints) it is the overall minimum in your constrained problem. Because (1/4,1) is the only stationary point of f(x,y), no interior point (with strict inequalities 0 < x < 2 and 0 < y < 2) can possible be a maximum, local or otherwise. Therefore, as Mark44 has suggested, you need to look along the boundary lines x = ± 2 and/or y = ± 2 in order to locate a constrained maximum.

What is "Find Max Hello"?

"Find Max Hello" is a scientific tool that helps researchers and scientists optimize their experiments by finding the maximum value for a given set of parameters.

How does "Find Max Hello" work?

"Find Max Hello" uses mathematical algorithms and data analysis techniques to systematically test different combinations of parameters and determine the maximum value. It also takes into account any constraints or limitations set by the user.

What types of experiments can "Find Max Hello" be used for?

"Find Max Hello" can be used for a wide range of experiments, including laboratory experiments, computer simulations, and field studies. It is especially useful for experiments with multiple variables and complex relationships between them.

Is "Find Max Hello" user-friendly?

Yes, "Find Max Hello" is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use, even for researchers without a strong background in mathematics or data analysis. It has a simple interface and provides clear and concise results.

How accurate are the results from "Find Max Hello"?

The accuracy of the results from "Find Max Hello" depends on the quality and completeness of the data input by the user. With accurate and sufficient data, "Find Max Hello" can provide highly reliable results. However, it is always important for researchers to critically evaluate and validate their findings.