1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find the value of delta

1. Sep 22, 2009 #1
    Find the value of delta that corresponds to 0.75.
    Give your value of delta where delta or any positive number will satisfy the conditions . give the answer correct to 3 decimal places, round down if necessary.

lim (4+x-3x^3)=2
    x-->1

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

We don't do your homework for you. Please show us your attempt at the solution, so we can provide tutorial help to you.

4. Sep 22, 2009 #3
    Correction: I did not ask YOU to do my homework for me.
    The reason why I chose this website was for assistance with questions that I am having difficulty setting up the problem so that I may solve it.

5. Sep 22, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Well by copying the question and not doing anything else, you did not make it clear what you intended.

So, could you please make the question a bit more clear? At least for me, it's not clear what you mean by "delta". Are you supposed to find a value for x that satisfies the limit equation that you wrote? If so, how would you go about doing that? How does your textbook approach problems like this one?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook