Calculating Vo in an AC Circuit Using Superposition Theorem

In summary, the conversation is about a circuit problem where the given answer is 6.66L33.67 Volts, causing confusion for the person. They ask for suggestions and clarification on why a zero was written on the left side of the loop equation. The expert explains that the 6 amp current source doesn't affect the voltage of the 12 volt source, so it can be removed from the equation. The person then asks about using Superposition theorem, stating their belief that their process is correct. The expert agrees and the conversation ends with gratitude for the help.
Michael_0039
This is the circuit:
01.PNG
I try with KVL:

1.PNG

New Doc 2019-09-24 23.36.18_1.jpg

New Doc 2019-09-24 23.36.18_2.jpg

But the given answer is 6.66L33.67 Volts. So, I'm confused, any suggestions ?

Physics news on Phys.org
May I ask a question ?
I assume that you wrote a zero on the left side of the first loop equation, but why ?

The 6 amp current source injects 6 amps into the node at the top of the 12 volt voltage source, and the 2 ohm resistor doesn't change that fact. Injecting 6 amps into a voltage source doesn't change the voltage of the 12 volt source. The net result of what I've said so far is that you can get rid of the current source and the resistor in series with it; those things have no effect on Vo. Now you have only two meshes to solve.

Likes Michael_0039
alan123hk said:
May I ask a question ?
I assume that you wrote a zero on the left side of the first loop equation, but why ?
Because in this loop there is no Voltage source. The same on loop 3.

Thanks for your answers!

I try with Superposition theorem, I think this process is correct:

New Doc 2019-09-25 13.33.24_3.jpg

New Doc 2019-09-25 13.33.24_2.jpg

What is Vo in an AC circuit?

Vo is the voltage output of an AC circuit. It is the voltage that is measured across the load or output component of the circuit.

How do you calculate Vo in an AC circuit?

Vo can be calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that voltage (V) is equal to current (I) multiplied by resistance (R). In an AC circuit, this equation becomes V=IR, where V is the voltage output, I is the current, and R is the resistance of the load.

What factors can affect the value of Vo in an AC circuit?

The value of Vo in an AC circuit can be affected by several factors, such as the frequency of the AC signal, the impedance of the circuit components, and the type of load connected to the circuit.

How is Vo different from Vrms in an AC circuit?

Vo is the voltage output of an AC circuit at a specific point in time, while Vrms (or root mean square voltage) is the average value of the AC voltage over a full cycle. Vrms is often used to represent the effective voltage of an AC circuit, taking into account the varying voltage levels throughout the cycle.

Why is it important to find the Vo of an AC circuit?

Finding the Vo of an AC circuit is important because it allows us to understand the behavior and performance of the circuit. This information is crucial for designing and troubleshooting AC circuits in various applications, such as power systems, electronics, and communication systems.